sharetrader
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    $60m to be raised ..... 2.85 for 1 at 15 cents

Says TERP is 33 cents (last close 86 cents)

Seems pretty desperate stuff

Maybe a punting opportunity coming up
    not too good a punt when there still trading so high , average price be to high
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Receivership?

No wonder NZ as a country has completely lost control of the banking & forestry sector into foreign hands.

All short term thinking.
    Fair point. I tend to just look at the numbers.

60 cents this morning. Dog tucker.

A wise man said to me “ never invest in any company that makes most of its money from food.”You only need to look at my food bag, Sanford, A2 milk, New Zealand king salmon and see that advice was good.

I have never been a shareholder in New Zealand king salmon but after a brief look at the capital raise announcement I feel sorry for all the existing shareholders. They are being asked to stump up money when the issues of fish mortality might be fixed “if” approval for the new farm is given. If they dont get approval and nz continues to have high water temperatures which is predicted to happen, then you might be throwing more money in for nothing. Will there be a future capital raise if they are successful in the new farm consent. I also noticed that a number of the existing farms consents expire in the next two years.

The reason this is so discounted in my opinion is because the main shareholders set the price for the risk involved. Good luck to shareholders. I think you are going to need it….
    Last edited by Shareguy; 14-04-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    A wise man said to me “ never invest in any company that makes most of its money from food.”You only need to look at my food bag, Sanford, A2 milk, New Zealand king salmon and see that advice was good.

I have never been a shareholder in New Zealand king salmon but after a brief look at the capital raise announcement I feel sorry for all the existing shareholders. They are being asked to stump up money when the issues of fish mortality might be fixed “if” approval for the new farm is given. If they dont get approval and nz continues to have high water temperatures which is predicted to happen, then you might be throwing more money in for nothing. Will there be a future capital raise if they are successful in the new farm consent. I also noticed that a number of the existing farms consents expire in the next two years.

The reason this is so discounted in my opinion is because the main shareholders set the price for the risk involved. Good luck to shareholders. I think you are going to need it….
    I take it that "wise man" wasn't anyone from the Talley family, that invest near only in food and have done bloody well from it. My best performer over the last 2 years on the NZ market has been meat company SFF, with SP up 260% and fully imputed dividends over 20% combined in the last 2 years.
    I've also made very good money in ATM & SAN but been out of both for some years now. Never been in NZK.
    Not sure how "wise" that guy was !
    Last edited by iceman; 14-04-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Recaster View Post
    60 cents this morning. Dog tucker.
    Actually I'd expect probably their pet products are probably one of their shining lights.....

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I take it that "wise man" wasn't anyone from the Talley family, that invest near only in food and have done bloody well from it. My best performer over the last 2 years on the NZ market has been meat company SFF, with SP up 260% and fully imputed dividends over 20% combined in the last 2 years.
    I've also made very good money in ATM & SAN but been out of both for some years now. Never been in NZK.
    Not sure how "wise" that guy was !
    Yes - the food industry is pretty broad...Restaurant Brands is another obvious example of a great investment in a food business.

percy

Sounds like a fool to me.Food production is the back bone of NZ economy
    The top exports of New Zealand are Concentrated Milk ($5.92B), Sheep and Goat Meat ($2.57B), Frozen Bovine Meat ($2.1B), Rough Wood ($2.05B), and Butter ($1.89B

Advanced Member

I think Coca Cola has gone ok over the years ....
    In any case think the listed entity of KFC has gone great guns on the NZX ....

Guru

I think it is like any company - well-managed, strong companies with a sustainable advantage in the food sector are profitable just like in other sectors.

People gotta eat!!