sharetrader
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 74 of 74
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    I am very impressed. What a great way to buy US shares and ETFs from New Zealand, so simple and cheap.
    Is anyone actually using Hatch Invest....?

    I have deposited a small amount and made a purchase to get a feel for the interface and tools in general. It's extremely basic as far as I can see - pretty much a minimum viable product (you can for example only place orders "at market", and the charting functionality is very, very limited).

    However, enrolment and money transfer very easy and it's a very inexpensive way to access the US markets - I just hope they are going to add more functionality....

  2. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Yea I am in the same boat. Have deposited a very small amount also and bought a couple stocks, just to get a feel of it.

    They are taking any and all feedback onboard for ways to improve their product. Join the 'Hatch Investors Club' on Facebook, where people are posting their feedback and ideas for improvements and staff are also interacting here. Staff have stated that they are currently working on improvements.

    Hopefully when economies of scale improve, the FX fee will come down, and hopefully the commission fees. Would love to get down to $0 commissions like Robinhood. This would no doubt make the deposits (and their FX fee revenue) increase tenfold.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johndoe123 View Post
    Yea I am in the same boat. Have deposited a very small amount also and bought a couple stocks, just to get a feel of it.

    They are taking any and all feedback onboard for ways to improve their product. Join the 'Hatch Investors Club' on Facebook, where people are posting their feedback and ideas for improvements and staff are also interacting here. Staff have stated that they are currently working on improvements.

    Hopefully when economies of scale improve, the FX fee will come down, and hopefully the commission fees. Would love to get down to $0 commissions like Robinhood. This would no doubt make the deposits (and their FX fee revenue) increase tenfold.
    Thanks for that - good to hear they are approachable... Being slightly paranoid, I don't use facebook so instead I'll write up an email to them when I get a chance...

  4. #64
    Handsome Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Been a great experience with Hatch so far.

  5. #65
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Is anyone actually using Hatch Invest....?

    I have deposited a small amount and made a purchase to get a feel for the interface and tools in general. It's extremely basic as far as I can see - pretty much a minimum viable product (you can for example only place orders "at market", and the charting functionality is very, very limited).

    However, enrolment and money transfer very easy and it's a very inexpensive way to access the US markets - I just hope they are going to add more functionality....
    For small players with purchases of say $1,000 it makes a lot of sense. Buying and selling at market is not an issue considering the savings on the bro. But you are right, if you are a big player or you want functionality they do not offer that. But they do offer fractional shares etc so I can now get a stake of Berkshire Hathaway for instance or even some millennial with limited funds could buy a piece of Amazon or Google, although their prices are starting to become affordable as the market falls. I have put a small amount of $ with Hatch, like the concept very much.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wellington, , .
    Posts
    892

    Default

    I have a small trial deposit.
    So far so good, seems efficient
    Waiting for an entry ...

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    512

    Default

    the halifax nz parent went into administration... anyone has more information regarding this? all my asx stocks are with them... arrrr....

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    the halifax nz parent went into administration... anyone has more information regarding this? all my asx stocks are with them... arrrr....
    Doesn't look good. You should be able to transfer your shares though?

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12166975

    I was going to deposit some cash recently, but thankfully I couldn't access my account as it had been unfunded.
    Last edited by tipsy; 27-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.

  9. #69
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    the halifax nz parent went into administration... anyone has more information regarding this? all my asx stocks are with them... arrrr....
    are the cash accounts segregatted ? they used to chase me couple yrs back but i neww all the people involved with the company have been with many similar companies gone bust
    bull

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Just spoke to a source, apparently segregated and insured(obviously all frozen at the moment though), gutted and didn't see it coming, only found out yesterday.

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    512

    Default

    That means shares should be ok? Just take times to sort it out?

  12. #72
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    Just spoke to a source, apparently segregated and insured(obviously all frozen at the moment though), gutted and didn't see it coming, only found out yesterday.
    I'm 100% cash (in US$) with Halifax, anyone have an idea where my account stands?

  13. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I started reading the Hatch T&C, found a few things a little offputting,would appreciate some feedback on the reality

    1) they don't seem to offer much assurance re FX rates on transfer, (sort of "well it may happen today, then again it may not, and you'll take what we give you") perhaps making arbitrage money; can anyone comment?

    2) the US broker they use Drivewealth, talks about "Sweeping" your cash management account and using your unused cash for money market speculation, which you may or may not benefit from, they seem vague on that; anyone have any feedback on whether or not that affects their cash management fund availability?

    I must admit their unwillingness to make commitments on those aspects does worry me.

  14. #74
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonQ View Post
    I started reading the Hatch T&C, found a few things a little offputting,would appreciate some feedback on the reality

    1) they don't seem to offer much assurance re FX rates on transfer, (sort of "well it may happen today, then again it may not, and you'll take what we give you") perhaps making arbitrage money; can anyone comment?

    2) the US broker they use Drivewealth, talks about "Sweeping" your cash management account and using your unused cash for money market speculation, which you may or may not benefit from, they seem vague on that; anyone have any feedback on whether or not that affects their cash management fund availability?

    I must admit their unwillingness to make commitments on those aspects does worry me.
    not vague to me. they invest unused funds for there benefit mostly in the cashsweep facility.
    i would be more interested to know if hatch guarantees these funds if drivewealth loses money from there cash sweeping.
    drivewealth terms say they dont guarantee any funds but have insurance.
    you would need to ask hatch if they just act as a middle man and really your doing business with drivewealth. if so hatch is just a ticket clipping operation
    bull

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •