sharetrader
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smpl View Post
    I've been using them for 10 years + without an hitch. Mentioned it a number of times on this forum.
    Same here. Been a happy user for some time. They also also have great exchange rates so I tend to use them for transferring NZD into AUD for my NABtrade account.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    Same here. Been a happy user for some time. They also also have great exchange rates so I tend to use them for transferring NZD into AUD for my NABtrade account.
    Better than TransferWise?

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Better than TransferWise?
    As you can place a limit order, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCASH View Post
    Stake is a good platform just joined.

https://hellostake.com/referral-prog...er=tuckyews289 Both of us will get a free stock
    Just tried signing up but it's asking me for another referral/access code

These platforms make their money on FX conversion fees right?

Legend

I see today that Sharesies appear to be working towards adding US Shares..

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    I see today that Sharesies appear to be working towards adding US Shares..
    I could never understand the workings of Sharesies on how they manage their US ETFs on the FIF taxation issue. How are they addressing the 5% FDR on an annual basis and how would that apply to clients that may frequently buy and sell US based shares?

Look at the case of buying NZ based managed funds that simply buy the US Vanguard ETF. When you go through a NZ broker, you have their set fees and commissions but the worse is the annual mgt fees by the NZ fund managers for merely just buying the Vanguard ETF. In comparison, I a person that has a US brokerage account, buys the same US Vanguard ETF and pays Vanguard's ultra low avg mgt of 0.08% per year. Are NZ based brokers and managed funds charging a huge fee for the administration to track FIF / FDR for all their clients?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I could never understand the workings of Sharesies on how they manage their US ETFs on the FIF taxation issue. How are they addressing the 5% FDR on an annual basis and how would that apply to clients that may frequently buy and sell US based shares?

Look at the case of buying NZ based managed funds that simply buy the US Vanguard ETF. When you go through a NZ broker, you have their set fees and commissions but the worse is the annual mgt fees by the NZ fund managers for merely just buying the Vanguard ETF. In comparison, I a person that has a US brokerage account, buys the same US Vanguard ETF and pays Vanguard's ultra low avg mgt of 0.08% per year. Are NZ based brokers and managed funds charging a huge fee for the administration to track FIF / FDR for all their clients?
    Early days yet to they launch - will have to see what they are doing to address each of areas, with US Shares
    & how competitive they are on what they intend offering

US Shares are bound to be popular in places

Personally I've stayed away from ETF's even on NZX - probably have to invest some time
    looking at these in the future

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Are NZ based brokers and managed funds charging a huge fee for the administration to track FIF / FDR for all their clients?
    They may be charging huge fees (no comments from me) but I doubt they are tracking FIF for their clients. Hey someone tell me if I'm wrong but they will leave all tax matters for the client to deal with. Which is of course the advantage of PIEs where you are all good.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Buddha View Post
    Feel free to use my referral link for Stake: https://hellostake.com/referral-prog...rer=shuhuac343
    Access code: NZFounderRIx1
    We can both get a free stock! (Nike, Dropbox or GoPro)

I have started to use Stake and it is much cheaper than Hatch and easy to use. In Stake you can do unlimited free trades, commission free! All US Stocks and ETFs seem to be there. Would recommend
    Thank you!