sharetrader
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    I am very impressed. What a great way to buy US shares and ETFs from New Zealand, so simple and cheap.
    Is anyone actually using Hatch Invest....?

I have deposited a small amount and made a purchase to get a feel for the interface and tools in general. It's extremely basic as far as I can see - pretty much a minimum viable product (you can for example only place orders "at market", and the charting functionality is very, very limited).

However, enrolment and money transfer very easy and it's a very inexpensive way to access the US markets - I just hope they are going to add more functionality....

Yea I am in the same boat. Have deposited a very small amount also and bought a couple stocks, just to get a feel of it.

They are taking any and all feedback onboard for ways to improve their product. Join the 'Hatch Investors Club' on Facebook, where people are posting their feedback and ideas for improvements and staff are also interacting here. Staff have stated that they are currently working on improvements.

Hopefully when economies of scale improve, the FX fee will come down, and hopefully the commission fees. Would love to get down to $0 commissions like Robinhood. This would no doubt make the deposits (and their FX fee revenue) increase tenfold.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe123 View Post
    Yea I am in the same boat. Have deposited a very small amount also and bought a couple stocks, just to get a feel of it.

They are taking any and all feedback onboard for ways to improve their product. Join the 'Hatch Investors Club' on Facebook, where people are posting their feedback and ideas for improvements and staff are also interacting here. Staff have stated that they are currently working on improvements.

Hopefully when economies of scale improve, the FX fee will come down, and hopefully the commission fees. Would love to get down to $0 commissions like Robinhood. This would no doubt make the deposits (and their FX fee revenue) increase tenfold.
    Thanks for that - good to hear they are approachable... Being slightly paranoid, I don't use facebook so instead I'll write up an email to them when I get a chance...

Handsome Member

Been a great experience with Hatch so far.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Is anyone actually using Hatch Invest....?

I have deposited a small amount and made a purchase to get a feel for the interface and tools in general. It's extremely basic as far as I can see - pretty much a minimum viable product (you can for example only place orders "at market", and the charting functionality is very, very limited).

However, enrolment and money transfer very easy and it's a very inexpensive way to access the US markets - I just hope they are going to add more functionality....
    For small players with purchases of say $1,000 it makes a lot of sense. Buying and selling at market is not an issue considering the savings on the bro. But you are right, if you are a big player or you want functionality they do not offer that. But they do offer fractional shares etc so I can now get a stake of Berkshire Hathaway for instance or even some millennial with limited funds could buy a piece of Amazon or Google, although their prices are starting to become affordable as the market falls. I have put a small amount of $ with Hatch, like the concept very much.

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

I have a small trial deposit.
    So far so good, seems efficient
    Waiting for an entry ...

the halifax nz parent went into administration... anyone has more information regarding this? all my asx stocks are with them... arrrr....

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    the halifax nz parent went into administration... anyone has more information regarding this? all my asx stocks are with them... arrrr....
    Doesn't look good. You should be able to transfer your shares though?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12166975

I was going to deposit some cash recently, but thankfully I couldn't access my account as it had been unfunded.
    Last edited by tipsy; 27-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    are the cash accounts segregatted ? they used to chase me couple yrs back but i neww all the people involved with the company have been with many similar companies gone bust
    one step ahead of the herd

Just spoke to a source, apparently segregated and insured(obviously all frozen at the moment though), gutted and didn't see it coming, only found out yesterday.