sharetrader
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 281 to 294 of 294

Thread: FXL Flexigroup

  1. #281
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,937

    Default

    Its on my list but waay on down it.

  2. #282
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Who would have thought we’d be able to buy these for under a buck again (next week)

    What’s up t_j
    Who would have thought we'd see a sub $1 price that occurred briefly a year ish ago... that lasted for only a few minutes, but there wasn't a virus around then so maybe this time is different.

    Despite having a sizable chunk already, if it went from stupidly cheap, to ridiculously cheap, it would appear on my list as well... dividend (which in my view is easily sustainable) itself makes it worth it really... might even be great for FXL long term as might shake some other weaker players in the BNPL out (that don't have the great profits and cashflows FXL do)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 12-03-2020 at 05:37 PM.

  3. #283
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,020

    Default

    t_j — I take it FXL are ‘diverse and resilient’ enough to get through the current crisis.

    Share price still in doldrums
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  4. #284
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    t_j — I take it FXL are ‘diverse and resilient’ enough to get through the current crisis.

    Share price still in doldrums
    I think there are alot of companies with share prices in the doldrums right now winner, FXL hit the hardest because everybody assumes the worst possible with Flexi (have done for the past 5 years + now)... no matter what transformation, what progress, what announcements, Mr Market has never really been on board... when it should be over $2, it as in the $1's, when it should have been marching to $3, it did for a few days, then went straight back down again, and now, when it should be trading at somewhat of a premium to NTA, it isn't, in fact never before has FXL traded below its NTA, hence I had to dip (further) in when it was more than 20% below its NTA (of 73 cents per share).

    Announcement today, whilst being great in my view (given the times we are currently in) has done no favors for the share price today... not only is FXL ‘diverse and resilient’, it has a 5+ (and counting) track record of being under priced.

  5. #285
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Who would have thought we'd see a sub $1 price that occurred briefly a year ish ago... that lasted for only a few minutes, but there wasn't a virus around then so maybe this time is different.

    Despite having a sizable chunk already, if it went from stupidly cheap, to ridiculously cheap, it would appear on my list as well... dividend (which in my view is easily sustainable) itself makes it worth it really... might even be great for FXL long term as might shake some other weaker players in the BNPL out (that don't have the great profits and cashflows FXL do)
    As previously mentioned, couldn't help but top up... ended up being at 60 cents on the 19th of March... hasn't done to badly over the past 8 weeks ish either really.

  6. #286
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,020

    Default

    Tj .... FLX loves going up and down big time eh.

    Might have another go soon. Missed the last couple of spikes down.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  7. #287
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Tj .... FLX loves going up and down big time eh.

    Might have another go soon. Missed the last couple of spikes down.
    Volatility if FXL's middle name winner... but that's nothing new really.

    Might want to get in sooner rather than later... next announcement going to be a good one they say

  8. #288
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Volatility if FXL's middle name winner... but that's nothing new really.

    Might want to get in sooner rather than later... next announcement going to be a good one they say
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202006...pymkxzm8h5.pdf

    Hope you got in prior to today winner... might miss out after this announcement.

  9. #289
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,937

    Default

    I'd like to thank king for making FXL the 6th most talked about stock on H/C today, boy are the day traders and rampers pumping it. Not much to show for it yet.

  10. #290
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,937

    Default

    This may well help current momentum and 'chatter".

    FXL - appointment of new CFO 2 pages 138.3KB

  11. #291
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    This may well help current momentum and 'chatter".

    FXL - appointment of new CFO 2 pages 138.3KB
    Certainly not a bad thing!

  12. #292
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,937

    Default

    Download Document 146.54KB Update. Will the s/p continue to comatose whilst other BNPL companies go spastic.

  13. #293
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,020

    Default

    What’s up tj ....profits still declining even if you don’t count the $30m Covid adjustment

    Everything was looking good a month or so again and I thought this is it to hav3 another go but forgot about it.

    Do I wait for it to go under $1 again.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  14. #294
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    For the 1H20, FXL reported Cash NPAT of $34.5m, now going to be $29m (ie a 2H20 loss of $5m ish purely due to Covid)... the worst of the worst times happened in the 4th Quarter of 2020 and FXL is only losing a little bit in the 2nd half due to a (rather generous I'd say) provision... will certainly make FY21 look fantastic.

    Underlying Cash NPAT was $86.0m in FY18, $76.1m in FY19 and $60m in FY20... doesn't look great, but when you look at the transformation from leasing to Cards/BNPL player, it is amazing... most of their competitors are losing money left, right and centre while FXL continues to make millions and millions, despite a very clear transformation underway. For FY20, I expect them to pay a nice dividend far higher than that of a term deposit, or possibly even some bank stocks themselves - a nice bonus, but would understand given how fast they are now growing (16% off an already high base, and increasing - was up 5.1% as at half year) if they decided not to.

    FXL isn't reliant on capital raising, mergers, high leverage or hype - it seems grinding away doing a great job repositioning and growing isn't what is wanted these days.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •