sharetrader
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: FXL Flexigroup

No ‘bounce’ today .....down 5%

Nothing much going for it to get the share price back to the 130 mark in the next few months
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

what's all this about t_j ...FLX been a bit dodgy and not been too open with the market or something

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201902...qbjk3q6k66.pdf

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

We're off zorbing again today

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    We're off zorbing again today
    Cool eh ...be back to $2.30 before we know it

Guru

$1.70 they say by the end of this week.

Glad I didn't lose the faith when it fell to under $1 briefly just over 3 weeks ago.

Heavy volume yesterday and the share price up bigly.

What a wild ride it has been.

Yesterday was very surprising (in a good way, which is a nice change over the past 6 months), and if I was APT, I would be a tad worried now - (most) existing products performing ok/well (eg NZ leasing/Certegy), new product launched, PE investor brought on board who will no doubt help (certainly can't make things worse than they are/have been!), and to top it off dividend maintained.

Really will be back to $2.40 before we know it.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 28-02-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Guru

Borderline stupid what is happening today... although I'm not going to complain

FXL released a rather short announcement with no financial details/impacts etc what so ever other than 'feel good' more merchants, more customers etc coming on board and the share price moves up 20%... yes twenty percent... trading volumes likely to be 5-6x higher than average.

This stuff, in my view, being a 'given' for flexi (growing merchants, receivables, and customers) after reiterating this was the focus 3 months ago, as well as showing strong double digit growth in these very metrics at half year results... so basically announcing what is already being done, but with a few names to show for it today.

More impressive given every other financial stock on the ASX is down today... Amazing how everyone has 'written off' the FOUNDER of By Now Pay Later and too busy chasing APT and Z1P (and crossing their fingers for a profit, one day)... FXL is just so damn cheap I suppose it was hard to keep ignoring it/placing a negative bias on it.

Not going to get too excited as tomorrow everyone will forget about the great progress the inventors of BNPL (that lead to $7.6 billion AUD market cap: Z1P and APT) and go back to thinking it is an old tired dog with no new tricks.... the main 'new trick' FXL seems to have learned (from Z1P and APT - the market leaders, in this trick) is shout from the room tops any progress you've made, even if its pretty average progress and you have no idea if it will result in increased profitability or what... as if Z1P and APT are anything to go by, an announcement even a mouse farting will send a rocket under your share price.

No, it is not the new APT and Z1P, it is the original 'godfather' that is about to blow the sector away (some say)... but really, its all about the story
    https://www.fool.com.au/2019/05/08/i...pay-or-zip-co/
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 08-05-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    $1.70 they say by the end of this week.

Glad I didn't lose the faith when it fell to under $1 briefly just over 3 weeks ago.

Heavy volume yesterday and the share price up bigly.

What a wild ride it has been.

Yesterday was very surprising (in a good way, which is a nice change over the past 6 months), and if I was APT, I would be a tad worried now - (most) existing products performing ok/well (eg NZ leasing/Certegy), new product launched, PE investor brought on board who will no doubt help (certainly can't make things worse than they are/have been!), and to top it off dividend maintained.

Really will be back to $2.40 before we know it.
    Well the $1.70 didn't quite happen till now (2.5 months later ish) but hey, we back there after a 38 ish cent rise today (although still 1 hour of trading to go) and heavy volume.

Have a read of this:
    https://www.afr.com/business/banking...0190507-p51kws

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Fair humm-ing again today. They must have hit the right buzzwords in that last announcement

Guru

Surged to $1.97 at one stage, now back to $1.75, I'm happy with that for now - crazy what a 'minor' announcement can do, not that far off till the next dividend either really.
    As with Z1P's and APT's announcements, its all about the story with FXL's announcement.

Back to $2 pretty soon, once this year and the one off $12m non cash write off is out the way and the story keeps getting ramped a bit more.

IMO

Geeks on fat portfolio eating crow