sharetrader
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: FXL Flexigroup

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    This may well help current momentum and 'chatter".

FXL - appointment of new CFO 2 pages 138.3KB
    Certainly not a bad thing!

IMO

Download Document 146.54KB Update. Will the s/p continue to comatose whilst other BNPL companies go spastic.

What’s up tj ....profits still declining even if you don’t count the $30m Covid adjustment

Everything was looking good a month or so again and I thought this is it to hav3 another go but forgot about it.

Do I wait for it to go under $1 again.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

For the 1H20, FXL reported Cash NPAT of $34.5m, now going to be $29m (ie a 2H20 loss of $5m ish purely due to Covid)... the worst of the worst times happened in the 4th Quarter of 2020 and FXL is only losing a little bit in the 2nd half due to a (rather generous I'd say) provision... will certainly make FY21 look fantastic.

Underlying Cash NPAT was $86.0m in FY18, $76.1m in FY19 and $60m in FY20... doesn't look great, but when you look at the transformation from leasing to Cards/BNPL player, it is amazing... most of their competitors are losing money left, right and centre while FXL continues to make millions and millions, despite a very clear transformation underway. For FY20, I expect them to pay a nice dividend far higher than that of a term deposit, or possibly even some bank stocks themselves - a nice bonus, but would understand given how fast they are now growing (16% off an already high base, and increasing - was up 5.1% as at half year) if they decided not to.

FXL isn't reliant on capital raising, mergers, high leverage or hype - it seems grinding away doing a great job repositioning and growing isn't what is wanted these days.

Veteran novice

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Seems like little (if anything) to do with Flexigroup and more to do with the solar sales company... I agree Buy Now Pay Later needs more regulation across the entire sector, and FXL would likely be least impacted by this if this was executed. However, targeting one particular category because of a few odd ball complaints almost entirely due to the selling of solar panels, not the financing of them, is far from fair on Flexigroup.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 19-08-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Guru

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/flex...0200825-p55p3c
    big day ahead winner, hope you got back in as I doubt it'll be going under $1, in fact I doubt it'll spend much longer under $2

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    https://www.afr.com/street-talk/flex...0200825-p55p3c
    big day ahead winner, hope you got back in as I doubt it'll be going under $1, in fact I doubt it'll spend much longer under $2
    You may well finally be right...

(Though not sure you should've ever been wrong...)

IMO

Thats a huge cap raise , re 27%of current mkt cap. Still buy now pay later is the hottest sweatiest sexiest thing in town atm and im looking to pay for it as you get what you pay for when you pull up to the bumper.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thats a huge cap raise , re 27%of current mkt cap. Still buy now pay later is the hottest sweatiest sexiest thing in town atm and im looking to pay for it as you get what you pay for when you pull up to the bumper.
    Unfortunately FXL is in that club, but not in that club - while APT and Z1P are trading at 28x and 13x revenue respectively, FXL is at 1x (yes, you read that right, 28 and 13, compared to just 1, and yet there are alot of similarities as slide 16 of the preso points out)