sharetrader
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: FXL Flexigroup

hey tj - you don't like announcements that dont tell the whole story

This FLX is a boomer

In line with expectations FlexiGroup reports Underlying Cash NPAT of $44 million, with 13% growth in volume and 4% growth in closing receivables at 31 December 2017 with Underlying Cash NPAT down 11% on pcp

Why did the leave the red bits out

And comparing H118 to H217 is a bit cheeky
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Market loving the result - thats the main thing

No worries

It's a decent result the big result is next year. They have their work cut out for them

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    hey tj - you don't like announcements that dont tell the whole story

This FLX is a boomer

In line with expectations FlexiGroup reports Underlying Cash NPAT of $44 million, with 13% growth in volume and 4% growth in closing receivables at 31 December 2017 with Underlying Cash NPAT down 11% on pcp

Why did the leave the red bits out

And comparing H118 to H217 is a bit cheeky
    This is probably the first results announcement in a good couple of years when the share price hasn't gone down on the same day - wasn't actually a bad result with unexpected adverse announcement (a trend of the previous several results announcements), hence the market loved it. But we aren't quite back to the days when flexi was a market darling

For the first time in a while when things do genuinely look like they have stabilized, and improving in some cases... although this hasn't quite flowed through to underlying cash NPAT growth (but looks like it will do). Slide 26 was what pleased me the most (although there wasn't much to be pleased by), volume trends all increasing from the 2nd half of 2017 (which admittedly was pretty weak) for 92% of the business. Certegy proving to be not as weak as expected, and while the AU consumer lease product will cause a bit of short term pain, overall it looks and feels like a good move. NZ Leasing has had a couple of strong years, so not terribly surprising to see it flat lining a bit.

I haven't even begun considering oxipay and flexi-fi (ireland), but they could turn out to be quite exciting in the coming year(s)

It finally does seem like things have bottomed out, and we are back on the up again - the share price seems to be saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    This is probably the first results announcement in a good couple of years when the share price hasn't gone down on the same day - wasn't actually a bad result with unexpected adverse announcement (a trend of the previous several results announcements), hence the market loved it. But we aren't quite back to the days when flexi was a market darling

For the first time in a while when things do genuinely look like they have stabilized, and improving in some cases... although this hasn't quite flowed through to underlying cash NPAT growth (but looks like it will do). Slide 26 was what pleased me the most (although there wasn't much to be pleased by), volume trends all increasing from the 2nd half of 2017 (which admittedly was pretty weak) for 92% of the business. Certegy proving to be not as weak as expected, and while the AU consumer lease product will cause a bit of short term pain, overall it looks and feels like a good move. NZ Leasing has had a couple of strong years, so not terribly surprising to see it flat lining a bit.

I haven't even begun considering oxipay and flexi-fi (ireland), but they could turn out to be quite exciting in the coming year(s)

It finally does seem like things have bottomed out, and we are back on the up again - the share price seems to be saying the same thing.
    All good eh

Going to break through 180 mark tomorrow and then it’s certain to go 200 plus where it should be.

Guru

All good eh

Going to break through 180 mark tomorrow and then it’s certain to go 200 plus where it should be.

Right on cue... finished at $1.80, ASX 200 is up not even 1% since Friday's open, Flexi up nearly 15%
    Hopefully these kind of outperformance continue... would make a good chance from years of underperformance

No worries
    Back to that 200 mark soon surely

IMO

Need a big volume day before i deign to lift my head up from my book (North Water) and nod.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Need a big volume day before i deign to lift my head up from my book (North Water) and nod.
    Fair enough - I really shouldn't get too excited because every time I do hope for a share price rise (back to something more reasonable) Mr Market swiftly smashes any such hope

Only a day or so away from 2 bucks now

No worries ....nothing to stop it now.

Guru

Highest point in 7 months, 2 weeks of only going up (and gained nearly a quarter in value in that fortnight).
    Can't believe it was even close to $1.50 just over 2 weeks ago... but I won't say anything more because every time I talk about how FXL is 'breaking out' it usually promptly does a u-turn
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 27-02-2018 at 08:38 PM.