sharetrader
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: FXL Flexigroup

IMO

You in the red w69? Im re 40% up and sure TJ will be too, thanks again TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You in the red w69? Im re 40% up and sure TJ will be too, thanks again TJ
    Thanks to you mate I got a few around 170 odd so not as good as you ..but sold some on way up so doing it the percy way I’m about 89% up on the ones left

Get out jail card is tj’s way of being nice to Trilogy/Tegel punters if you get the gist
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

LOL , gotcha , great strategy averaging down cost wise.Yes im a Chicken holder still, sold some way back but still have a drumstick and wishbone.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thanks to you mate I got a few around 170 odd so not as good as you ..but sold some on way up so doing it the percy way I’m about 89% up on the ones left

Get out jail card is tj’s way of being nice to Trilogy/Tegel punters if you get the gist
    AH I see now... well we haven't got the get out of jail card just yet... but could be... expect this time the get out of jail card may be at a much higher rater than the former 2 (as a percentage of their highest ever share price)... so get out of jail or sound financial performance? well over the coming months we'll see either way

Hey tj what’s up — share price back under 2 bucks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey tj what’s up — share price back under 2 bucks
    Just like that ae. Although not quite a drop into the $1.50's (like in early Feb... yet anyway)

I blame the guys at macquarie... should never have upgraded their recommendation from neutral to outperform and say they think that flexi will 'meet' its guidance (ie very bottom of the bottom end of guidance). Should have just kept quiet. Hopefully a broker downgrades them and maybe (like what happened after the upgrade) the share price will have an inverse reaction.
    Mr Market is hard to understand sometimes

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Just like that ae. Although not quite a drop into the $1.50's (like in early Feb... yet anyway)

I blame the guys at macquarie... should never have upgraded their recommendation from neutral to outperform and say they think that flexi will 'meet' its guidance (ie very bottom of the bottom end of guidance). Should have just kept quiet. Hopefully a broker downgrades them and maybe (like what happened after the upgrade) the share price will have an inverse reaction.
    Mr Market is hard to understand sometimes

No worries - everyone buying up da cheap FXL shares today, and $2 mark looking rock solid... probably going to see the most shares traded in 6 months today as well, Mr Market just can't resist buying a month out from annual results.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 18-07-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Guru

No worries - everyone buying up da cheap FXL shares today, and $2 mark looking rock solid... probably going to see the most shares traded in 6 months today as well, Mr Market just can't resist buying a month out from annual results.
    Always too cheap under $2

IMO

Where are you guys , i cant wait any longer. S/P dumped on volume today despite confirming earnings and Certegy back performing. CEO leaving just before results creates panic in the moshpit.
    FlexiGroup Leadership Change

Guru

Wowee... at one stage Mr Market sent this thing down into the mid $1.80's - rallied back a third of the max drop to finish a bit under $2 - what we all seem to have forgotten is Flexi was actually under $2 less than 3 weeks ago - was a bit of a non event then, and the share price rallied strongly to hit a fresh 13 ish month high promptly after.

The market tried to find a reason to sell back then - it couldn't and promptly rallied back up.
    Today it had an excuse to dump - FXL could have announced a mouse farted in their aussie offices and the share price probably would have tanked.

As some other posters have pointed out, Symon's tenure doesn't seem to be that unusual from recent times - but yes, in some ways these reasonably short tenure's are unfortunate and hopefully this stops now. I recall the share price decreased quite a bit when Robbiati announced his resignation, although it wasn't as much as today as FXL was already 'on the way down' at that time.

FXL - the come back kid that just three quarters ago was struggling to stay above the $1.50 mark "just had to go down". The irony this time is that they have confirmed meeting guidance (a first in a years actually!), and even mentioned earnings growing in the coming years! The bigly ironic part being that some broker recently upgraded his view (and price to $2.40) on FXL based on if it hit the bottom of guidance (which they have confirmed today!) - Funny, as I remember when this was announced the share price also just couldn't help but go down either.

And to top it off, by my calculations, investors who brought around the $1.90's today will be getting 2% back in less than 2 months - fully imputed.... that ain't bad!

Bring on annual results - I am a bit more relaxed now having heard there shouldn't be any bigly surprises - absolutely crazy in my view that Mr Market has done the complete opposite and panicked.

Always too cheap under $2