sharetrader
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: FXL Flexigroup

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ]
    Maybe the business is all too complicated to understand and that could be a reason for punters losing interest. If so hard to overcome market perceptions and FxL may always be ridiculously undervalued.
    You could be right there, if you look at the chart, it is really not pretty... it is hard to hang on to a share that is consistently going down... even more annoying is when they produce (nearly) record after record profit...

Guru

Some even saying it is now soo ridiculously cheap that it could be taken over... then again the founder has a 25% (yes thats 25 percent, not 2.5 percent) stake in the company (and has not sold a cent despite the share price dropping like a stone) and probably doesn't want it to be seen sold off during a period of ridiculously hard to understand share price weakness

Disclosure: I brought even more at $1.58. FXL is now my largest share holding by quite some way.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    You could be right there, if you look at the chart, it is really not pretty... it is hard to hang on to a share that is consistently going down... even more annoying is when they produce (nearly) record after record profit...
    Problem sometimes with 'complicated' accounts / presentations people often think the lack of 'transparency' might mean reported things like Cash NPAT aren't real. Hence market lack of confidence if you get what I mean.

Not saying this the case with Flexigroup

But you are confident so why not try to make the most of it - just back yourself eh.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Price going up today .....panic over
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Reminds me of that DOOR's song "Ive been down so goddam long, it looks like up to me"

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    You are probably looking at the 82% figure, as many often do, including like the market itself (extract from page 7, half year report 16)

"FlexiGroup maintains a conservative funding strategy; to retain multiple committed funding facilities for all scale businesses, combined with an active debt capital markets presence. The Group currently has revolving wholesale debt facilities in place with five Australian trading banks, plus numerous institutional investors in its Asset Backed Securities (ABS) program.

At balance sheet date the Group had $2,369.6m of wholesale debt facilities, with $492.3m undrawn and no indications that facilities will not be extended. The majority of the wholesale debt facilities ($1,978.1m) have no bullet repayment on maturity, with outstanding balances repaying in line with receivables and customer loans if availability periods were not to be extended. These facilities are secured against underlying pools of receivables and customer loans. The remaining wholesale debt facilities either have a soft bullet or have sufficient lead time for re-extension when approaching maturity.
    The Group’s $187.5m of corporate debt facilities, increased to fund the acquisition of NZ Cards, were drawn to $177.0m at balance date. These facilities are secured by the assets of the Group, and with a maturity
    date in 2019."

So really, Flexigroup itself only has $177mm of debt, likely to produce min 90m annual profit (apparently - will see this thursday!)... even with a 'terrible' market cap of less than 600m (more than 2x lower than a couple of years ago) gearing ratios for the group, by any metric, are really very conservative, as they have mentioned, and I believe.
    Thanks TJ have shared this around a little; no strong feedback , responses atp;Im feeling cautious as I've been bit before buying "bargains". Mkt seems irrational here.

Guru

Very interesting trading today, another big dive to its lowest since Feb 2011 (yes, well over 6 years) being under $1.55

1H 2011 Basic earnings per share was 9.3 cents, in 1H 2017 it was 12.8 - 38% higher.

Despite financials being generally weak on the asx today, FXL seems to be bucking the trend - volume fairly high again today, although no where near that of yesterday - still another 40 minutes to run over on the asx of course... but the share price seems to be rebounding in spectacular fashion in the past hour or so.

Just 1 more trading day left before thursday's announcement, which, no doubt, will be watched by many.

IMO

Yes, its been on and off quicker than a brides nightie; low of $1.545 ,currently $1.63 todays high so far. And a few moments later $1.625.

IMO

Low $1.58, high $1.635 so far today ;tracking up as the day goes on 1.3 mill shares through. Maybe FOMO setting in ahead of tomorrow.

Guru

Default a bit negative = big positive?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Low $1.58, high $1.635 so far today ;tracking up as the day goes on 1.3 mill shares through. Maybe FOMO setting in ahead of tomorrow.
    Yea... and I heard over on hotcopper that there were some big long positions taken yesterday and the day before... maybe the whispers aren't that bad?

Every other financial stock (about 15) I follow on the asx are in the red - FXL is fighting a hard and lonely battle being in the green - a nice (and slightly relieving) switch around from a few days back.

Quite frankly, anything better than a 'very negative' update tomorrow (which a substantial share price fall in the past month and a half would suggest is about to occur) should be positive for Flexi - and although in the past day or two it has bounced a bit, it is still trading at ridiculously low levels (eg still below 7 PE).