sharetrader
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    Good to see you are still hanging in there Silu.
    I would be very happy if that target was achieved.....certainly not out of the question but some of these concepts need to be commerciaised
    Yes still in there. I don't have that many so I will keep on holding. Lots of Blue Sky ahead if they get things right. Volkswagen especially has lofty plans for it's batteries and have said that they want to procure from Europe so Talga could be in play here.

But I'm not gonna top up until the inevitable CR.

Advanced Member

They are in a trading halt but they call it a "funding initiative" which hopefully means that management came through on their promise that funding should not come with major dilution. They need about $30m for Stage 1.

Advanced Member

This announcement had the market all a flutter yesterday with a +34.9% day. https://stocknessmonster.com/announc....asx-6A983669/

If you look at some of the potential partners then yes it does sound quite exciting. I've been buying a couple of more tranches this year bringing it up to the maximum level I'm comfortable with. Many hurdles still ahead but it seems we have hit the nail on the head by concentrating on valued added product instead of just being a mining company.

Silu, you're still not talking to yourself. Have held a decent parcel and 4-bagged it. No intention to sell. Defintely flying under the radar...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    Silu, you're still not talking to yourself. Have held a decent parcel and 4-bagged it. No intention to sell. Defintely flying under the radar...
    Honestly I haven't been buying much lately but when possible have upped my TLG shares. I need to read perhaps more what they have announced lately because if there have received 300% of planned interest of annual production to their PFS which has them at pre-tax PVR of just over a billion does that mean we could triple that? Seems almost too good to be true.

Advanced Member

2 whiskey deep I'm not doing my best work but oh my that looks good https://stocknessmonster.com/announc....asx-6A990153/

22y life of mine
    pre-tax IRR 55%
    $174m Capex for Stage 1+2
    Payback in 1,5 years

Advanced Member

With the whiskey fog disappearing I'm realizing that there wasn't actually lots of new information in the announcement. Big takeaway is that Stage 1+2 will be effectively merged with the aim to produce in 2022, yield and other improvements.

Either way still an exciting future ahead for their anode programme. However most likely there will be still need to raise capital along the way so no easy returns for the next 12 months.

Advanced Member

There has been lots of information swirling around of late especially with interest in buying from the States. Similar battery companies with project smaller or less advanced than Talga are around market valuations of $1b+ while Talga still sits on a MC of $200m.

If you're interested in knowing more about Talga a YouTube channel called The Limiting Factor has been publishing a great summary https://youtu.be/902K5fWggjQ and also a very insightful interview with CEO Mark Thompson https://youtu.be/WeTAC6Xe4Uw

I bought a parcel August 2016 and participated in a SPP December 2019. I'm very bullish on this and would like some more along the way.

Advanced Member

Very good gains lately mostly for being in the battery sector which enjoys high valuations at the moment but also small changes in the rhetoric of MD Mark Thompson which seems to indicate that when it comes to anodes their product outperforms the rest. As a long-term believer this is far from being a mature investment and I expect multi-bags.

Advanced Member

Wonderful news.

LKAB, Mitsui and Talga confirm intent to jointly develop Swedish battery anode project

Swedish state-owned mining and minerals group LKAB has joined Mitsui in
    executing a tripartite non-binding Letter of Intent with Talga
    • The LOI outlines the intent to jointly develop Talga’s Vittangi anode project in
    northern Sweden following detailed feasibility study due Q1 2021 and due diligence
    • Agreement offers significant opportunities for synergies across Swedish operations
    and infrastructure, regional investment and global sales/distribution

http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old...091850000&ppv=