sharetrader
Page 113 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2343

Like interest rates and LVR? RBNZ will have a part to play in that. People just need to remind themselves that when interest rates start to go up they are starting from lows that we haven't seen before.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Like interest rates and LVR? RBNZ will have a part to play in that. People just need to remind themselves that when interest rates start to go up they are starting from lows that we haven't seen before.
    Exactly - well not in recent years .. I remember the hefty overnight call rates in 1980-90's

One of many charts on my laptop - Building Activity in NZ from Stats NZ data

I'm always bemused how the FBU share price chart never looks like this

Maybe it's because they never do very well overseas in addition to stuffing things up in NZ

Never mind - just a casual observation because times are different now for one of NZ's biggest companies - aren't they
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

One of many charts on my laptop - Building Activity in NZ from Stats NZ data

I'm always bemused how the FBU share price never looks like this

Maybe it's because they never do very well overseas in addition to stuffing things up in NZ

Never mind - just a casual observation because times are different now for one of NZ's biggest companies - aren't they

Is that guy Ross Taylor stil in charge at Fletcher HQ

The share price was about $7.20 when he joined in 2017

Fran O'Sullivan did a good interview with Ross after his appointment

Fletcher Building calls in Mister Fix-it

Ross is quoted as saying -

"You have to create an environment where we think through where we want to go and we've got to make sure we're engaged around that, and then you've got to deliver against it. And the beauty of me coming in as an external is you're a circuit breaker", Taylor said

Maybe he saw it as a long term project

Yes hes still in charge. Walked into a Poorly run construction business hence the huge losses in legacy projects. Ralph Norris walked not long after. I judge him from this financial year on. He did buy a number of shares at a high price not long after. Sorry cant remember what price or how many but wasn't far away from $7.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Yes hes still in charge. Walked into a Poorly run construction business hence the huge losses in legacy projects. Ralph Norris walked not long after. I judge him from this financial year on. He did buy a number of shares at a high price not long after. Sorry cant remember what price or how many but wasn't far away from $7.
    You are an extremely patient and forgiving person

I've only 'traded' FBU twice and made heaps - esp in the early 2000's and even sold at about $12 pre GFC and then had another go about 10 years ago. However never seen anything to attract me back. ....but one performance might be what it should be and the share price might go over $10 again.

I'm quietly watching

PS - Master TA guru Phaedrus one once described FBU as TA person's dream stock - does what it should do or something like that

One of Phaedrus's post on the FBU Chart thread in 2007 said - People often claim that TA is only useful for trading and is quite unsuitable for the longer term. This chart gives the lie to that. TA got you into this stock over 6 years ago in early 2001 - and has kept you in ever since. It will continue to keep you in, so long as the uptrend continues.
    Last edited by winner69; 07-11-2020 at 10:43 AM.

He's not the root cause of the issues Winner. Previous CEO/Board were. Look at the destruction of share holder wealth since Chch Earthquakes. How does a business FUBAR it so badly that they controlled?.
    Taylor's just cleaned it up and made changes to focus on NZ/Aust. Whether he is done his job will be decided over time. For me its this financial year on regardless of market conditions. They have already made work force smaller for a 15/20% down turn which thus far hasn't eventuated so all I see is positives at the moment given momentum in the market.

Hit a 6month high today.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Hit a 6month high today.
    rising tides lift all the boats but the one with faulty caulking may still scuttle
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....