sharetrader
Page 116 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2343

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Thanks for those snippets.

Am expecting an upbeat ASM with more detail around numbers and guidance. Guess they may re start their share buy back programme sometime next year along with resumption of dividends.
    Consensus forecast is for 19cps dividend in F21. Presumably final dividend.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Aha - a Real Taxable Profit and not a fluffed up polished one ?
    Ahhh right! Not just accounting profit ��

Investor

On fire today....getting close to $6 mark pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If the 2000 to 2007 period is anything to go by, FBU's profit upgrades will come in spurts from the company with brokers (shell-shocked from making bad calls on the stock in the last 4 years) following the company's lead.

Huge volume went through in the last 2 days - over 21m shares - indicative of interest returning to the stock.
    As expected, analysts have been updating their numbers for FBU but valuations still lag the share price in some instances.

Brokers are following the company's lead and getting left behind by investors loading up on beaten stocks like FBU experiencing turnarounds.

For Barr have 12 month target of $5.60. Personally I think that's too low but FBU still need to execute. You
    could say they under promised and over delivered for a change. Guidance to be issues at Annual Meeting next week so 25th will be interesting.
    Just chattered to a close friend of mine. She was telling me she has signed up 100 contracts for land north of Chch in last 3 weeks...Markets on steriods.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    For Barr have 12 month target of $5.60. Personally I think that's too low but FBU still need to execute. You
    could say they under promised and over delivered for a change. Guidance to be issues at Annual Meeting next week so 25th will be interesting.
    Just chattered to a close friend of mine. She was telling me she has signed up 100 contracts for land north of Chch in last 3 weeks...Markets on steriods.
    Forbar going to have to revise upwards.

Closed in ASX at NZ$5.65 on good volumes - 2.8m shares traded.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Forbar going to have to revise upwards.

Closed in ASX at NZ$5.65 on good volumes - 2.8m shares traded.
    Ah...the Guru Analysts, sometimes their analysis is as good as shooting in the dark and hoping for the best. Collective wisdom here on ST is a far better weapon for investing.

Ah...the Guru Analysts, sometimes their analysis is as good as shooting in the dark and hoping for the best. Collective wisdom here on ST is a far better weapon for investing.
    It’s human psychology, sb9. There is safety in numbers - pays to congregate around the same forecasts and recommendations. There is no prize in being an outlayer in the industry.

I know from observing the stockbroking industry that if any analyst wants to survive long term, he/she is better off to make safe rather than bold calls.

We as investors need to be aware and take advantage of that fact.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-11-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Well, I am not sure I would go that far, however - sharetrader threads are typically a good reflection of the relevant hype level for individual stocks, which is useful information for momentum traders. If that's what you call wisdom, so be it.

Looking at the fundamentals for FBU - no doubt the market is getting hotter. It might be however worthwhile to consider that FBU did a terrible job in making money out of the last building boom ... and if I look at the current situation with high demand but problems on the supply side I would see ways to make money, but as well ways to lose money.

I think the jury is still out which one it will be this time for FBU, but no doubt the next couple of days or weeks the hype avalanche will roll on. Good times for traders.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, I am not sure I would go that far, however - sharetrader threads are typically a good reflection of the relevant hype level for individual stocks, which is useful information for momentum traders. If that's what you call wisdom, so be it.

Looking at the fundamentals for FBU - no doubt the market is getting hotter. It might be however worthwhile to consider that FBU did a terrible job in making money out of the last building boom ... and if I look at the current situation with high demand but problems on the supply side I would see ways to make money, but as well ways to lose money.

I think the jury is still out which one it will be this time for FBU, but no doubt the next couple of days or weeks the hype avalanche will roll on. Good times for traders.
    When ST posters get really dark on a stock as had been the case with FBU, it is a good time indeed to take a step back and review the postings of the more experienced posters. Not all of them are hype or momentum merchants or traders.

Obviously up to each poster to decide who is what amongst the posters here!
    Last edited by Balance; 18-11-2020 at 09:59 AM.