sharetrader
Page 130 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2343
    ... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    All the opportunity in the world last year to buy as much as you wanted at under $3.50!
    Yes I did get a truckload then, what about yourself. I remember BlackPeter giving me the hex for it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Just realised at less than 5 percent of portfolio I dont have enough of these... darn
    So easy looking back, isn't it.
    Same....2.5% if portfolio.Better than nothing.

Yes I did get a truckload then, what about yourself. I remember BlackPeter giving me the hex for it.
    I went long, very long and as the sp took a while to take off again, I reminded myself that the best gains are always made from stocks 'climbing up a wall of worries".

BlackPeter's models and his love of 5 and 10 year CAGRs often paint the wrong picture - you need to think objectively about the future sometimes.

Somebody on here (not Balance) pleaded a great case about Fletchers future post getting the house in order - and made me forget the past and what a dinosaur (beagles term besides various types of dog) they were and think objectively about the future. Whoever it was I owe you a beer or two
    Last edited by winner69; 29-03-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BlackPeter's models and his love of 5 and 10 year CAGRs often paint the wrong picture - you need to think objectively about the future sometimes.
    Nothing wrong with the picture if you want to determine the value based on earnings and growth, assuming nothing unexpected happens. Obviously difficult to determine the future without being omniscient (which mortals tend not to be).

I didn't manage yet to fault Ben Grahams wisdom "nobody can predict future share prices". It sounds like some people on this thread think they can, but I think they might be wrong ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Except Balance you were talking this up when it was at 4 dollars before it dropped to 3 dollars.
    Still worked out good.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Except Balance you were talking this up when it was at 4 dollars before it dropped to 3 dollars.
    Still worked out good.
    Freely admitted that I had to remind myself that some stocks perform when they ‘climb up on a wall of worries’!

And there were plenty of disparaging comments at that time which I welcomed as all views can be useful - up to each individual to decide.

As posted by me in May 2020 when things looked dark and there were plenty of negative postings.

All good!

Relax guys! Life is good and peachy! Why the aggro?

Read what have been written and as long as you get the big picture right, you are already 75% of the way to getting your strategy right.

Don’t sweat the small stuff. 😊

... have power to make you great

Freely admitted that I had to remind myself that some stocks perform when they ‘climb up on a wall of worries’!

And there were plenty of disparaging comments at that time which I welcomed as all views can be useful - up to each individual to decide.
    Noted... Can I just ask whether there are any or many other nz stocks right now that you consider are truly in that recovery phase and 'climbing the wall' .... if so, there is no need to identify them, I am just interested to know for the medium term

Noted... Can I just ask whether there are any or many other nz stocks right now that you consider are truly in that recovery phase and 'climbing the wall' .... if so, there is no need to identify them, I am just interested to know for the medium term
    NZX:EVO
    NZX:MHJ
    NZX:STU

My picks for climbing the wall