sharetrader
Page 18 of 235 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Happy to be proved wrong, did not expect such a small impact.

I guess word had already been out there for months that the rot was deep set with these projects and the market had already priced this in.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    And they are a long way from finishing,and then remedial work,wow its probably going to cost over a billion!
    Only two real options, a certain level of current management have no idea and/or the internal cultural pressure to get the deal done, distorted incentives, combined to caused a dysfunctional process, if the management closely involved had a clue bet they are onto their next gig well before now...

Share price is only back to where we were in November, considering the market, not a bad result!

The Capital notes have now traded. the FBI140 is up from 4% before announcement to 5.5% , with only a couple of years left on its duration.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I think it has to go lower than $6.70 which was the December low. Todays price is possibly being held up because the insto's can't offload fast enough.

I wonder where the 10,000 people who wanted Bob Jones to loose his knighthood after writing a satirical article are?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I think it has to go lower than $6.70 which was the December low. Todays price is possibly being held up because the insto's can't offload fast enough.
    ASX about to open
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I would tend to think the huge size of the provisions will be including lots of spare giving Taylor room to move - as a new CEO he will want to totally ensure he doesn't get blamed for any of this later under his tenure.

BUT, I wouldn't make investment decisions on that basis either. For anyone obeying any of the masters rules, eg Benjamin Graham this company is a no go zone for a good few years now. I doubt it has ever qualified for The Zulu Principle.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ASX about to open
    Im picking that when Aussie opens that the s p will tank they don't take fools lightly !!