sharetrader
Page 99 of 235 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    How could it since there is a wage subsidy for three months? The lockdown was only for one month. Free/subsidised wages for a further two months.
    No layoffs before June 26

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    No layoffs before June 26
    I know but the lockdown has been compensated for so this looks like a more unrelated business decision.

I know but the lockdown has been compensated for so this looks like a more unrelated business decision.
    What garbage - the wage subsidy only covers a portion of the wages with FBU having to top up and still pay all the other expenses.

You really have no idea, do you?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What garbage - the wage subsidy only covers a portion of the wages with FBU having to top up and still pay all the other expenses.

You really have no idea, do you?
    Why do you assume wages will stay at elevated levels? Many businesses have cut them by 30% or even to the minimum wage (the full subsidy).

Why do you assume wages will stay at elevated levels? Many businesses have cut them by 30% or even to the minimum wage (the full subsidy).
    Because it's 80% for the first 4 weeks, 50% for the next 4 weeks and then, 30% for the final 4 weeks - for staff who are not working, with the proviso that at all times, the levels will not fall below the government subsidy.

Advanced Member

Ever run a business?

Guru

So, will construction builds expected to go down or up in the future? Should they keep people on they don't need? :\

Mmmm nice opportunity coming up at $3 a pop.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-05-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Guru

I really am surprised that FBU kicked off $3-20 a week ago with the news at that time , I had picked it to go sub $3-00, may be with yesterdays business update I was a little premature, Im still picking that it will be sub $3-00 before too long , not a down ramp just my thoughts!

All those years of terrible mismanagement coming back to haunt FBU. Absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I really am surprised that FBU kicked off $3-20 a week ago with the news at that time , I had picked it to go sub $3-00, may be with yesterdays business update I was a little premature, Im still picking that it will be sub $3-00 before too long , not a down ramp just my thoughts!

I think some of the impending downside (which was confirmed yesterday) was already factored into the price pre-announcement, as investors have learned to expect the worst with FBU. You could still very much be right about sub $3. There's plenty of time between now and the next GOOD announcement for that to happen.

Where do you think this bottoms out. $2.90?