sharetrader
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
Results 1,041 to 1,044 of 1044
  1. #1041
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    FBU share price was under 3 bucks at the turn of the century and market sentiment was just like it was today ....big company all unloved and unwanted

    In the next 6 years or so the share price went to about 12 bucks ...one of the best long term trades Iíve ever had.

    Charts said sell and then the GFC hit. The company didnít fare too well Post GFC ....maybe the coming big recession wonít go them any favours

    Been watching ever since but havenít really seen enough to be tempted to have another go at 4 bagger
    Fletcher does this just about every decade - 1992, 2000, 2008 and now, 2019.

    But maybe this time is different? May never recover again and finally, gets taken over!

  2. #1042
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Fletcher does this just about every decade - 1992, 2000, 2008 and now, 2019.

    But maybe this time is different? May never recover again and finally, gets taken over!
    Just for interest sakes pulled up 2011 Annual Report

    Emblazoned across the front page AN ENDURING VISION

    Itís lasted 10 years that vision
    ďJust consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.Ē

  3. #1043
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just for interest sakes pulled up 2011 Annual Report

    Emblazoned across the front page AN ENDURING VISION

    Itís lasted 10 years that vision
    They cannot help themselves - once the balance sheet and business are back in shape, they go off acquiring overseas again and there have been NO good acquisitions to boost shareholdersí value!

  4. #1044
    Legend peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    They cannot help themselves - once the balance sheet and business are back in shape, they go off acquiring overseas again and there have been NO good acquisitions to boost shareholdersí value!
    Higgins will be raking it in with all the road works going on as shovel ready projects. Surely.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •