sharetrader
Page 106 of 235 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2343

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Seems like a loss announcement according to this article......but then what do journalists know!?

Yes Business Desk are reporting it the same way and Jenny Ruth the journalist is having a good dig

After years of insisting it had fully provided for its legacy construction losses, Fletcher Building is adding another $150 million to the near $1 billion pot.
    That and covid-19-related impacts are the major reasons behind the $196million net loss the company expects to report next week for the year ended J une.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No no no --- EBIT either $310m or $160m
    A good result if you don't have to pay interest or tax!

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Seems like a loss announcement according to this article......but then what do journalists know!?
    When every result for the last 3 years contain abnormal items and provisioning, the abnormals & provisioning becomes normal!

Strong cash flows but a “loss” will be reported... after significant items, is that Impairments or something like that?

I’m Pretty hopeful for a dividend to be honest. They have the Cashflows for it. That would be a major catalyst for the share price to get moving.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yes Business Desk are reporting it the same way and Jenny Ruth the journalist is having a good dig

After years of insisting it had fully provided for its legacy construction losses, Fletcher Building is adding another $150 million to the near $1 billion pot.
    That and covid-19-related impacts are the major reasons behind the $196million net loss the company expects to report next week for the year ended J une.
    One excuse after another after another after another...why anyone would bother with this systemically flawed dinosaur is beyond me.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    One excuse after another after another after another...why anyone would bother with this systemically flawed dinosaur is beyond me.
    I guess some people just hope that at one stage the "dog of the NZX" strategy will work out
    .... and - to be honest, I think that FBU well might be one of these dogs which gets at some stage a (hopefully not just dead-) dog bounce.

I doubt however that the right time for buying in is now.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I guess some people just hope that at one stage the "dog of the NZX" strategy will work out
    .... and - to be honest, I think that FBU well might be one of these dogs which gets at some stage a (hopefully not just dead-) dog bounce.

I doubt however that the right time for buying in is now.
    They were doing very well before Covid hit, weren’t they? They were buying back a lot of shares...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    They were doing very well before Covid hit, weren’t they? They were buying back a lot of shares...
    Were they ? .. or was that in the days before the Sky Convention Centre fire hit ?

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Were they ? .. or was that in the days before the Sky Convention Centre fire hit ?
    They definitely were before the convention centre fire, but did that even cause significant losses to Fletcher? They were covered by insurance... I don’t remember the numbers, guess the FY20 report will give more colour.