sharetrader
Page 86 of 235 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigbruce View Post
    You pay less tax!,All expenses can be off set.
    will you pay tax on capitol gain on your rental? Residential property in major centres have increased in value $350k + over past 5 years. I find residential LL miserable bastards.As a commercial LL, to attract and retain tenants you spend to maintain/upgrade property.Why are residential LL so reluctant

What a load of sanctimonious rubbish.

A higher tax deduction means there was a higher expense which means there is a lower income.The net yield on my property has been below 1% per annum for the last several years. And don't get me started on the local property tax (aka rates) which goes up by double digits every year. As for attracting tenants, my current tenants have been in there for at least 15 years (I'd have to pull out my files to check exactly how long) so I assume they are happy with my efforts to maintain the property. And then there's the changes to tenancy laws which have steadily eroded my rights as the owner of the property.

And people who have no clue about basic economics wonder why there's a shortage of rental accomodation.

As this thread is about FBU, I'll stop posting on this subject with apologies for starting a thread jack.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    Lucky you - unfortunately, I own a rental property, have to put petrol in the hire car whenever I'm in NZ etc so I am paying more tax.
    You poor chap - petrol prices are a function of the market, we all know there is a tax factor in prices. Next you will be complaining that you smoke and you are paying more tax!

Got to be honest, after reading all the annual reports and comms, I really like the way the new Exec team has come in here and adjusted the way some employees are motivated. Past performance doesn’t indicate future performance and it works the other way round too.

Very interesting place right now. Watching the TL.

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 9.49.40 AM.jpg

boral just released there results and saying in outlook they will be impacted in AUS in the next financial yr due to bush fires
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Got to be honest, after reading all the annual reports and comms, I really like the way the new Exec team has come in here and adjusted the way some employees are motivated. Past performance doesn’t indicate future performance and it works the other way round too.
    $300m+ riding on an insurer? be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    boral just released there results and saying in outlook they will be impacted in AUS in the next financial yr due to bush fires
    Bit of an embarrassing situation Boral having people fiddling the books and overstating profits.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Amazing lack of interest in one of NZX largest stocks leading to its results presentation tomorrow morning!

So will the convention centre fire prove to be the final act in the decline of fortune for FBU from where the group's fortunes start to finally recover?

There is something cleansing about a totally unexpected event like a fire.

Will FBU rise like the phoenix from the convention centre ashes?
    Last edited by Balance; 18-02-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Will FBU rise like the phoenix from the convention centre ashes?
    Fires tend to create ashes rather than phoenixes.
    Last edited by Biscuit; 18-02-2020 at 04:28 PM. Reason: plural of phoenix is phoenixes (but there has only ever been one)

under pressure still in most divisions except residential , steel crushed and aus operations not going to improve in a hurry. guess they be hoping to win a large chunk of govt roading contracts
    one step ahead of the herd