sharetrader
Page 50 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Here’s one fundie who didn’t take the AVOID recommendation

Done quite well after waiting and waiting and then pouncing

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...paying-offhtml

Headline a bit misleading ...they haven’t taken a 3% stake in FBU ...just 3% of the Fund invested in FBU
    Last edited by winner69; 18-07-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Here’s one fundie who didn’t take the AVOID recommendation

Done quite well after waiting and waiting and then pouncing

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...paying-offhtml

Headline a bit misleading ...they haven’t taken a 3% stake in FBU ...just 3% of the Fund invested in FBU
    Fisher Funds..?????..........
    And no surprises you can buy them under their nta.............lol.
    Last edited by percy; 18-07-2018 at 11:09 AM.

the "recently presented strategic plan is logical".

logical is hardly inspiring though.
    its a matter of trust ultimately, and sure WWB and some of the others may be good core businesses, but imagine what others might have done with them, or even say how they might react when a strong competitor asserts itself.

and if giving your money back is all they can think of to do then it shows they're not even backing themselves.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Just discovered another FB pricing cockup today - fortunately for them they don't hold the contract at that price, however, there are a lot of other people out of pocket based on their estimation of the project costing.

I can see their kitset housing solution to all their woes being fraught with issues as they set up, iron out teething issues, then discover net immigration is now net migration.

Looks like Fletcherisation is becoming contageous. The apartment block Rymans started building in Johnsonville in January was to have been ready for occupation this November. After 6 months work the occupation date has been pushed out by 6 months to May next year.

Heard a pretty ugly rumour regarding the Greymouth hospital build yesterday. The hospitals already 6-18 months behind schedule depending on who you listen to. I sure hope the story proves unfounded.

It saddens me to say this....but why cant folk just admit the bleeding obvious....so called "tradies'...no longer exist....a couple of examples...a plumber mate...his son is now a plumber....he will not replace a washer...A tenant of mine worked at that cluster F..... justice precinct in chch..he is a sparky.....he was shocked by the ineptitude of almost all the sparkies....stuff was being nicked...tools....,etc...Lets not talk about the CHCH hotel debacle....

Further more ..who on earth would buy a new house now.....one would have to be nuts...
    Last edited by troyvdh; 20-07-2018 at 09:12 PM.

In fact...it gets even worse....I've been told the ...re precinct...in the original planning.....did not include electrical plans......at all......can someone in the industry confirm or deny....again let's not mention the Airport debacle...cheers

fascinating how seriously badly the building and construction sector is performing. Mainzeal, Hawkins, Orange H, Fletchers .... (and suppliers of building product (STU, MPG)

now Ebert goes under owing tens of millions

so many failures, so much negativity. "deep problems creating a perfect storm" was one quote I saw this morning, "razor thin margins" another. Might these collapses be the catalyst for more realistic (and risk-averse) pricing? And there is a lot of work out there (and in east Coast Australia). Could the last players standing be about to start enjoying a coming period with stronger tailwinds (even if they have a poor track record of managing and looking after capital)?

just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    fascinating how seriously badly the building and construction sector is performing. Mainzeal, Hawkins, Orange H, Fletchers .... (and suppliers of building product (STU, MPG)

now Ebert goes under owing tens of millions

so many failures, so much negativity. "deep problems creating a perfect storm" was one quote I saw this morning, "razor thin margins" another. Might these collapses be the catalyst for more realistic (and risk-averse) pricing? And there is a lot of work out there (and in east Coast Australia). Could the last players standing be about to start enjoying a coming period with stronger tailwinds (even if they have a poor track record of managing and looking after capital)?

just wondering
    that's what the "cyclical" in "cyclical industries" means. Buy the right company at the bottom of the cycle and you will be nicely rewarded.

Only two questions I would ask:
    1) are we there (at the bottom) yet?
    2) Is FBU the right company?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)