sharetrader
Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Fletcher Building (FBU)

Hi all,

First post on the forum so apologies if I haven't included all the details that I should do.

Does anyone hold FBU or thinking about investing? This is one that I'm looking into and the fundamentals look good to me (good income vs value, low debt etc). I just wanted to get the thoughts of the more seasoned investor.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mani99 View Post
    Hi all,

First post on the forum so apologies if I haven't included all the details that I should do.

Does anyone hold FBU or thinking about investing? This is one that I'm looking into and the fundamentals look good to me (good income vs value, low debt etc). I just wanted to get the thoughts of the more seasoned investor.

Thanks!
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...FBU#post633881
    You might like to start by having a look at this thread. I have them, but at a lot lower price than they are now.
    Not sure I would buy at today's price.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...FBU#post633881
    You might like to start by having a look at this thread. I have them, but at a lot lower price than they are now.
    Not sure I would buy at today's price.

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find any posts for FBU (the search did not bring up anything) but that thread is a great place for me to start.

Advanced Member

Why the selling now I thought that all the bad news was out, is there more that we don't know about?

Advanced Member

$7-42 and heading whatsup (again ) !!

Novice

https://nzx.com/companies/FBU/announcements/304262

Further profit downgrade and more importantly Mr Adamson leaves the company...kinda written on wall, wasn't it...

From an original forecast 6 months ago of 740m down 30%+ to 525m....

Surely this could move MPG/STU too.
    Last edited by hardt; 20-07-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Advanced Member

Hardt as I read it the downgrade in profit is due to the building and interior division suffering some big losses on projects .
    Most of the divisions are trading at expected levels .... so don't think this has anything to do with cyclical nature of the company ....

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    From an original forecast 6 months ago of 740m down 30%+ to 525m....

Surely this could move MPG/STU too.
    Man what a stitch up, think i will be staying away from the construction sector for foreseeable future.

I reckon keep the sad story going on the long serving FBU thread

That way we won't forget what a dog if a company FBU has been

Might be a good time to start punting again

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...5170-FBU-Chart
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

Even ASB securities have stopped following it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Even ASB securities have stopped following it.
    I almost commented yesterday on the fact that Philip Capital also stopped covering FBU
    FBU02.JPG
    (Note graphic is using AUD)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I almost commented yesterday on the fact that Philip Capital also stopped covering FBU
    FBU02.JPG
    (Note graphic is using AUD)
    This company's management is a problem. I have been in construction for nearly 50 years. As I observe their various work sites the lack of expertise and construction skills are obvious. They have appointed a person with no experience in the discipline as head of the division. She has a BA like the previous CEO and he also had a BA and has left with another sort of BA. It like an engineer being sent to critic the performance of a surgeon. Also who on the board has any expertise in construction? The sinecure they once had as the dominant construction company is also now gone. Vinci the largest construction company in the world, and who own HEB, March Construction and Electrix, is the JV partner with Downers on the Auckland rail system. Until managers with the required experience are appointed I would not be too optimistic. The likes of Downers, Fulton Hogan etc all have experience construction men running their operations. Invest in Fletchers if you wish but be aware of the risks posed by such.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by basilcat View Post
    This company's management is a problem. I have been in construction for nearly 50 years. As I observe their various work sites the lack of expertise and construction skills are obvious. They have appointed a person with no experience in the discipline as head of the division. She has a BA like the previous CEO and he also had a BA and has left with another sort of BA. It like an engineer being sent to critic the performance of a surgeon. Also who on the board has any expertise in construction? The sinecure they once had as the dominant construction company is also now gone. Vinci the largest construction company in the world, and who own HEB, March Construction and Electrix, is the JV partner with Downers on the Auckland rail system. Until managers with the required experience are appointed I would not be too optimistic. The likes of Downers, Fulton Hogan etc all have experience construction men running their operations. Invest in Fletchers if you wish but be aware of the risks posed by such.
    here what ya say I reckon ever since they did away with the apprenticeship system the country has lost alot of its skill base, now we have a lot of clowns coming out of polytech.

anyway fbu loss more money on delays

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/954...-hotel-opening
    bull

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    here what ya say I reckon ever since they did away with the apprenticeship system the country has lost alot of its skill base, now we have a lot of clowns coming out of polytech.

anyway fbu loss more money on delays

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/954...-hotel-opening

OMG FBU ... what are you doing?!!!?