sharetrader
Page 23 of 235 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Hunting for Heuristic trends

It will either be a Cut In the dividend, or a Cut OF the dividend
    most likely the latter

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    feels like the posse are getting ready for a collective short (kinda like a class action),
    I know I'm a bit tempted - my thinking is like - what could possibly go right at this point, and even if it did they have to make half a billion dollars to be back in the same position they were for a $8 share (and that surely isnt going to happen overnite). So to short would be risking a dollar a share max, and to compare that with say making 3 dollars max on the downside - almost starting to feel like a good risk/reward ratio. And thats without even factoring in a bear market.

Looks like a good bet to me mate and you'll be in clover if / when they have to do a deeply discounted rights issue.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

I guess we'll never know how much consultants have/will be paid to advise FBU to do the blooming obvious and quit the "big construction project" business. Hidden in Restucturing Costs or something similar?

Perhaps they'll reappear some time down the track as a junior JV partner in some big project - as in the days of JV's for big jobs such as Kawerau, Kinleith, Tongariro Power etc.

IMO

From Shortman today for FBU on ASX
    Gross shorts 1 Issued capital % Capital shorted 2 Trade volume 3 Shorts as % of volume
    Wed 14th Feb, 2018 1,608,631 697,040,440 0.23% 5,476,389 29.37%

Maybe Jascinda gets her 10,000 houses per annum after all ?
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartandhp
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Maybe Jascinda gets her 10,000 houses per annum after all ?
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartandhp
    Ron Angel -Union Guy. Yes I would be worried for the workers. But don't worry the key people will get to stay.

Retirement funds. small investors still held FBU - the writing has been on the wall. Why were you still holding for petes sake!

Housing Market. Hicky - What are you thinking. FBU cant manage vertical infrastructure. Just wait for One Central to blow out. And you reckon they should be part of kiwibuild. There's a govt subsidy / bailout if ever I saw one. EQR is an excellent reason why FBU should stay clear

don't worry I'm gonna rescue Fletchers

sent this to their HR

Its a part piss take kicking them when they are down, but part serious

Hi,

As a shareholder in Flecthers I am a bit worried at the incompetency displayed by your senior management, so would like to offer up my services to help turn around your company.

My CV is attached, I have a pretty standard working career in analyst roles - mostly finance related - across 15 years in many different corporate both here and overseas.

However my value add, is I walk the walk: I have built a multimillionaire dollar property and equity investment empire over the last 15 years, by following a defined investment strategy.

I bring an executive level skill set and outside the box thinking which I think could greatly assist you in your time of need. I have built an empire on limited capital and I have done so through sound investment decision making, management and execution. I create and deliver value.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing again and expect a different result - if you want to turn Fletchers around you need fresh thinking and ideas, backed up by sound real world experience.

It is in your best interest to contact me, look forward to hearing from you soon

Thanks

Reading it again now could have done a better job on spelling and gammar haha

Guru

I think all FBU s hers should read the book written about Fletchers, "The Clash of the Titans " in the 1980-90's, talk about wealth distruction something like $2,000,000,000 gone yes BILLION !!, leopards done change their spots, culture of bad decisions, compulsory reading of how not to run a company headed by a MBA to boot !!!

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I think all FBU s hers should read the book written about Fletchers, "The Clash of the Titans " in the 1980-90's, talk about wealth distruction something like $2,000,000,000 gone yes BILLION !!, leopards done change their spots, culture of bad decisions, compulsory reading of how not to run a company headed by a MBA to boot !!!
    https://www.amazon.com/Battle-Titans.../dp/014100472X

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    don't worry I'm gonna rescue Fletchers

sent this to their HR

Its a part piss take kicking them when they are down, but part serious

Hi,

As a shareholder in Flecthers I am a bit worried at the incompetency displayed by your senior management, so would like to offer up my services to help turn around your company.

My CV is attached, I have a pretty standard working career in analyst roles - mostly finance related - across 15 years in many different corporate both here and overseas.

However my value add, is I walk the walk: I have built a multimillionaire dollar property and equity investment empire over the last 15 years, by following a defined investment strategy.

I bring an executive level skill set and outside the box thinking which I think could greatly assist you in your time of need. I have built an empire on limited capital and I have done so through sound investment decision making, management and execution. I create and deliver value.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing again and expect a different result - if you want to turn Fletchers around you need fresh thinking and ideas, backed up by sound real world experience.

It is in your best interest to contact me, look forward to hearing from you soon

Thanks

Reading it again now could have done a better job on spelling and gammar haha

That's Gold ... I hope they offer you a job