sharetrader
Page 61 of 234 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I have a decent holding in SKC so hopefully they sue for a fair chunk of change. FBU down a fair bit today, considering there does not seem to be anything negative particularly that hasn't already been well aired.
    Other than considering getting back into high rise construction. Remind me again, what is the definition of insanity ? oh that's right, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result lol. Why be happy tearing up half a billion of shareholders money when you can go for the whole $Billion ? http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...ion-markethtml
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Other than considering getting back into high rise construction. Remind me again, what is the definition of insanity ? oh that's right, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result lol. Why be happy tearing up half a billion of shareholders money when you can go for the whole $Billion ? http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...ion-markethtml
    Share price reaction should send Taylor the message re high risk (oops, rise?) construction - get out and stay out.

to be fair the whole indusstry bidding process was flawed , offer any price just to get the work. they all got caught out by inputs costs. so if they fix the contracts i think it be good if fbu stayed in the game
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    to be fair the whole indusstry bidding process was flawed , offer any price just to get the work. they all got caught out by inputs costs. so if they fix the contracts i think it be good if fbu stayed in the game
    Fletcher being milked like an A2 cow by subbies left right and centre on the international convention centre contract and to be frank they deserve their comeuppance after the way they conduct themselves with some transactions that I can't talk about (Beagle muzzled again).
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Other than considering getting back into high rise construction. Remind me again, what is the definition of insanity ? oh that's right, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result lol. Why be happy tearing up half a billion of shareholders money when you can go for the whole $Billion ?
    When you fall off that horse Beagle, the thing to do is dust yourself off and get back on again! They are a big player in NZ construction industry. They got it wrong but they should be capable of figuring out how to get it right, reconfigure and get back into it. That is not the same thing as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. To me, if they just throw their hands up in the air and walk away, that would be a bigger indicator that they are not worth investing in (if you needed one).

FBU saying we don't need Council oversight, you can trust us to do a quality build on new housing developments.
    Obviously managed by a whole different team than their other construction projects?
    I am not sure about their balance sheet being a guarantee I would like to rely on either.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    FBU saying we don't need Council oversight, you can trust us to do a quality build on new housing developments.
    Obviously managed by a whole different team than their other construction projects?
    I am not sure about their balance sheet being a guarantee I would like to rely on either.
    Take anything Steve Evans says with a grain of salt. I have no respect whatsoever for the guy.

Holly smoke. Arrow International now in Voluntary Administration. Why cant these companies make money when the going is good!

It appears they are trying to get the contract, worry about trying to make a buck later - which begs the question imho- was/is there too many construction companies and not enough work going for them all, so they try to undercut each others tenders in the hope of getting the work and as I said worry about margin/profit later????

looks like RSI reached the bottom. good time to buy?