sharetrader
Page 59 of 234 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

True, Balance, but we could hardly expect them to announce that they were selling before they finished, unless of course, they were obliged to report a change in a substantial shareholding. Having finished, they probably want to let their investors know that their exposure there has gone.

FBU is at (near) 10 year low. Anyone who has just recently been selling (and I don't know what Milford have been doing), hasn't really got much of a handle on this!

BBs getting pretty squeezed with the SP between the 30 and 60 SMA . Could go either way ( uuh...yep). But I recon it will go up a bit according to the palm lines again D6679E48-D87E-4BB1-A69F-C84A24A227EA.jpg
    Last edited by Yoda; 30-01-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    FBU is at (near) 10 year low. Anyone who has just recently been selling (and I don't know what Milford have been doing), hasn't really got much of a handle on this!
    Or do they?
    I haven't seen any news that inspires me to believe FBU are on track to trade their way out of the hole they have dug themselves into.
    Of course if the SP drops further it might be tempting to buy in and see if a takeover happens along

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Or do they?
    Anyone who didn't anticipate the fall to this point can't really be relied on to pick the direction from here.

Anyone who didn't anticipate the fall to this point can't really be relied on to pick the direction from here.
    SUM dog on here barked a long time ago when the SP was $7+ and average broker valuations was ~ $8 this wasn't worth $5. At the time it was an extremely brave call but based on FBU's consistently amazing ability to destroy shareholder value. Why anyone would believe a leopard would change its spots is beyond me. The level of governance and management "expertise" over recent years has been really breathtaking. No interest from this old dog at ANY price.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-01-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I have to agree. It was when I saw Milford had my money invested in FBU I thought maybe i should look at investing my own money!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    True, Balance, but we could hardly expect them to announce that they were selling before they finished, unless of course, they were obliged to report a change in a substantial shareholding. Having finished, they probably want to let their investors know that their exposure there has gone.
    But of course - I would do exactly the same, which is sell without letting the market know. Much harder for Milford being a sizeable fund of course and there's always the grapevine where the broker(s) handling the sale let it 'slip' to a few 'close' mates that they should be getting out as well.

Point I make making with Milford is that they make a habit of intentionally letting the market know when they sell down - and as we saw with Diligent, drove the sp very low as the reef fishes out there reacted when spooked by Milford announcing to all and sundry they had sold all their Diligent shares.

Some of us took the opportunity and bought at around $4.00 and were most delighted when the shares we bought were taken over at $7.30. Most satisfying!

FBU could be one of those opportunities.
    Last edited by Balance; 31-01-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    But of course - I would do exactly the same, which is sell without letting the market know. Much harder for Milford being a sizeable fund of course and there's always the grapevine where the broker(s) handling the sale let it 'slip' to a few 'close' mates that they should be getting out as well.

Point I make making with Milford is that they make a habit of intentionally letting the market know when they sell down - and as we saw with Diligent, drove the sp very low as the reef fishes out there reacted when spooked by Milford announcing to all and sundry they had sold all their Diligent shares.

Some of us took the opportunity and bought at around $4.00 and were most delighted when the shares we bought were taken over at $7.30. Most satisfying!

FBU could be one of those opportunities.
    Not quite sure the comparison makes a lot of sense. DIL was a tech startup with a quite uncertain future, but lots of opportunities and potential growth - these things are priced depending on which way the hype goes.

FBU is an ancient juggernaut with a well understood earnings base, zero innovation and no high tech, which tends to disappoint based on consistently abysmal management performance. Their several 100 million dollar mistakes tend to come swiftly and repetitive.

They have at current SP a backward PE of 15 and a forward PE (if we trust the analysts) of nearly 19 on negative growth.

Only way for them to increase value is probably to split and slice their operations, sell the profitable bits (there still are some, though they could do better as well) and find a way for the taxpayer to take over the lossmakers. Are you speculating on Labour creating a new ministry of works to absorb the loss makers?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 31-01-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Right out of FBU. It has been a long term hold BUT board has been woeful and still is.