sharetrader
Page 100 of 235 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2343

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Because it's 80% for the first 4 weeks, 50% for the next 4 weeks and then, 30% for the final 4 weeks - for staff who are not working, with the proviso that at all times, the levels will not fall below the government subsidy.
    The old fletcher's. Still stuck in the 90s huh Balance? This has been a dog for many years now. They coudln't even profit off the last building boom, so imagine how badly they're going to do in a downturn.

I genuinely feel bad for people who own shares in this business

Quote Originally Posted by Beginnerguy View Post
    The old fletcher's. Still stuck in the 90s huh Balance? This has been a dog for many years now. They coudln't even profit off the last building boom, so imagine how badly they're going to do in a downturn.

I genuinely feel bad for people who own shares in this business
    Stop harassing him.
    he obviously has a lot
    more experience than you and a lot more quality input. Why are you so abusive?
    Is it because he struck a nerve with you in the Plexure forum for buying at the highs? Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Stop harassing him.
    he obviously has a lot
    more experience than you and a lot more quality input. Why are you so abusive?
    Is it because he struck a nerve with you in the Plexure forum for buying at the highs? Get over it.
    Relax guys! Life is good and peachy! Why the aggro?

Read what have been written and as long as you get the big picture right, you are already 75% of the way to getting your strategy right.

Don’t sweat the small stuff. 😊

It’s not cool to go calling people, the “worst investors ever” as he did in the Plexure forum.. just because you are interest in Fletcher.. (I own some as it’s very good value by the way).

It’s all good! I just joined this forum to enjoy like minded people in NZ chatting and sharing ideas and knowledge.. not to see snarky bullsh*t that you’d find on Stocktwits..

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    It’s not cool to go calling people, the “worst investors ever” as he did in the Plexure forum.. just because you are interest in Fletcher.. (I own some as it’s very good value by the way).

It’s all good! I just joined this forum to enjoy like minded people in NZ chatting and sharing ideas and knowledge.. not to see snarky bullsh*t that you’d find on Stocktwits..
    Eh - where did I call anyone the worse investors ever in Plexure? Please refer the post for us.

Please take your personal grievances offline.

One question I've been pondering for a while now is, what do we really think is the long term profitability of Fletchers.

FBU trend statement.jpg

The trend statement attached is from the 2019 annual report. Two profitable entities, Formica and RTG have been sold so their EBIT needs to be removed from the comparisons ($65- $75m).

So when you consider reduced forecasted construction activity for the foreseeable future, the above point on sold entities, some struggling businesses in Building Products division and Australia, where does that final NPAT number come to, and assuming legacy construction projects are closed off without any further changes to provisions? How about $250m, which gives them a fair market value of $2.5b aka $3 a share.

Anyone care to correct me? I really just don't know what the right approach is to value them.

Investor

Putting on nice gains today, one or two big boys seem to be building stake by the looks of it..

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Putting on nice gains today, one or two big boys seem to be building stake by the looks of it..
    Huge volumes in the end of May readjustments for FBU. $290m (83m shares) traded today. With a market cap of $2.89b that's 10% of the company!! The 5-year direct broking chart indicates no other day has been above 15m shares so this is way bigger than normal, even for the end of month/quarter readjustments. I wonder if its just insto's doing their readjustments on steriods or something more interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Scrunch, refer to my post of 13 May (copied and pasted below).

As reported by Craigs “MSCI – STOP PRESS – its official – Fletcher Building is leaving the MSCI mid-cap Index on 29th May (Contact Energy is NOT going in). In the MSCI small cap Index NZR, SKT, THL are leaving and OCA, NPH, FBU … the deletion / addition of FBU in the mid/small will result in significant net selling”
    Thank you - I missed page 63 of this thread. I hope you managed to set yourself up for gains from the reindexing. That explains the volume. The price movement (up) is interesting. Of the companies listed above the changes today were:
    FBU Up 7c
    NZR Down 3c
    SKT Up 0.4c (but the capital raise is probably a bigger influence)
    THL Up 3c (but again changing covid-19 impact thinking is possibly a bigger impact)
    OCA Up 5c (And interestingly little commentary on that thread about this happening today!!)
    NPH Up 18c

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Scrunch, refer to my post of 13 May (copied and pasted below).

As reported by Craigs “MSCI – STOP PRESS – its official – Fletcher Building is leaving the MSCI mid-cap Index on 29th May (Contact Energy is NOT going in). In the MSCI small cap Index NZR, SKT, THL are leaving and OCA, NPH, FBU … the deletion / addition of FBU in the mid/small will result in significant net selling”

Many thanks for your early post.......much appreciated