sharetrader
Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Even ASB securities have stopped following it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Even ASB securities have stopped following it.
    I almost commented yesterday on the fact that Philip Capital also stopped covering FBU
    FBU02.JPG
    (Note graphic is using AUD)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I almost commented yesterday on the fact that Philip Capital also stopped covering FBU
    FBU02.JPG
    (Note graphic is using AUD)
    This company's management is a problem. I have been in construction for nearly 50 years. As I observe their various work sites the lack of expertise and construction skills are obvious. They have appointed a person with no experience in the discipline as head of the division. She has a BA like the previous CEO and he also had a BA and has left with another sort of BA. It like an engineer being sent to critic the performance of a surgeon. Also who on the board has any expertise in construction? The sinecure they once had as the dominant construction company is also now gone. Vinci the largest construction company in the world, and who own HEB, March Construction and Electrix, is the JV partner with Downers on the Auckland rail system. Until managers with the required experience are appointed I would not be too optimistic. The likes of Downers, Fulton Hogan etc all have experience construction men running their operations. Invest in Fletchers if you wish but be aware of the risks posed by such.

Quote Originally Posted by basilcat View Post
    This company's management is a problem. I have been in construction for nearly 50 years. As I observe their various work sites the lack of expertise and construction skills are obvious. They have appointed a person with no experience in the discipline as head of the division. She has a BA like the previous CEO and he also had a BA and has left with another sort of BA. It like an engineer being sent to critic the performance of a surgeon. Also who on the board has any expertise in construction? The sinecure they once had as the dominant construction company is also now gone. Vinci the largest construction company in the world, and who own HEB, March Construction and Electrix, is the JV partner with Downers on the Auckland rail system. Until managers with the required experience are appointed I would not be too optimistic. The likes of Downers, Fulton Hogan etc all have experience construction men running their operations. Invest in Fletchers if you wish but be aware of the risks posed by such.
    here what ya say I reckon ever since they did away with the apprenticeship system the country has lost alot of its skill base, now we have a lot of clowns coming out of polytech.

anyway fbu loss more money on delays

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/954...-hotel-opening
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    here what ya say I reckon ever since they did away with the apprenticeship system the country has lost alot of its skill base, now we have a lot of clowns coming out of polytech.

anyway fbu loss more money on delays

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/954...-hotel-opening

OMG FBU ... what are you doing?!!!?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by hogiela View Post
    OMG FBU ... what are you doing?!!!?
    Mine have all gone...was surprised when they went up after I sold.

FBU a pretty popular pick in the competition this

Many, including some illuminiaries, obviously think could be a decent turnaround story

Don’t forget the share price was once close to $14 so even if it only goes to $10 it’s only going to where it’s been before.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    FBU a pretty popular pick in the competition this

Many, including some illuminiaries, obviously think could be a decent turnaround story

Don’t forget the share price was once close to $14 so even if it only goes to $10 it’s only going to where it’s been before.
    Agree there is upside potential, however IMO there is still considerable downside risk if there is any more bad news.

Given the downside risk I won't be touching until there is some good turnaround news/evidence and a more established rising trend. It will be an interesting one to watch in 2018, but I'll remain on the sidelines. GLH.

Veteran novice

Is there an element of "everything else has run too hard " in picking FBU to perform strongly this year? I'm another who'll wait to see some evidence first.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Agree there is upside potential, however IMO there is still considerable downside risk if there is any more bad news.

Given the downside risk I won't be touching until there is some good turnaround news/evidence and a more established rising trend. It will be an interesting one to watch in 2018, but I'll remain on the sidelines. GLH.
    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Is there an element of "everything else has run too hard " in picking FBU to perform strongly this year? I'm another who'll wait to see some evidence first.
    Agree 100%.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine