sharetrader
Page 29 of 235 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I don't know the answer,however I was speaking to a friend of mine today who sold his FBU at near$7. The amount he had invested was returning him approx. $4,000 pa.He has invested the funds into AIR and HLG.Will receive about $5,000 in divies and has about $4,000 cash left over.
    The reality is no next dividend from FBU, and I would expect either following divies will be reduced,or should the US bond holders kick up a fuss,FBU will have to raise capital.Maybe no divies for a year or two?
    So my friend looks to be at least $5,000 pa better off for some time?
    Can't argue with that logic and it looks like he may have saved himself a whole heap of $ today too with the SP dropping a whole lot further.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What explains the 7% fall in SP today then do you think? (if all had been explained and no surprises). Not being facetious here, just naturally curious. Glad I sold out when I did but would not have thought the market would want to see the result to drop it another 7%.
    The B&I disaster all known but a bit of added detail today didn’t give punters much added comfort it’s all under ‘control’

The main factor behind the the fall today was that the outlook for the various divisions for the rest of the year was a bit muted. Go through the presentation and on the outlook tables there are many FLAT and LOW GROWTH views so it looks like H2 not going to be that strong.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    What I think is the situation of high debt and low free cash flow for the next 2-3 years.
    They need to sell something.
    totally.. and as the months roll on the lower revenues from materials because of the b an i wind down.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    lol trying to blame auditors. seriously !
    Yes get more than a little sad and now moving into the pathetic stage..

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What explains the 7% fall in SP today then do you think? (if all had been explained and no surprises). Not being facetious here, just naturally curious. Glad I sold out when I did but would not have thought the market would want to see the result to drop it another 7%.
    My comment was meant to convey that the FBU disaster has been thoroughly disected on this thread and didn't need any further elaboration. The market reaction is a different matter - markets do their own thing!

IMO

Date Gross shorts 1 Issued capital % Capital shorted 2 Trade volume 3 Shorts as % of volume
    Tue 20th Feb, 2018 643,172 697,040,440 0.09% 1,449,658 44.37%
    Mon 19th Feb, 2018 651,761 697,040,440 0.09% 1,731,592 37.64%
    Fri 16th Feb, 2018 1,101,459 697,040,440 0.15% 1,486,885 74.08%

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I guess we'll never know how much consultants have/will be paid to advise FBU to do the blooming obvious and quit the "big construction project" business. Hidden in Restucturing Costs or something similar?

Perhaps they'll reappear some time down the track as a junior JV partner in some big project - as in the days of JV's for big jobs such as Kawerau, Kinleith, Tongariro Power etc.
    Back to the good old JV model?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...008976&ref=rss

IMO

From our amazing national radio
    EQC considering legal action against Fletcher Construction
    "Fletcher and EQC bullied her throughout the whole process, which has made her lose trust and pride in New Zealand, she said."

Fletchers are liable say EQC yet both avoided inspecting under houses or in walls in fact they lied saying they had and when they did they didn't see any problems which were blatantly there, liquification,cracks, piles fallen over etc. This gets worse for Fletchers, they need to be made accountable for such shoddy practice and such poor quality work.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    From our amazing national radio
    EQC considering legal action against Fletcher Construction
    "Fletcher and EQC bullied her throughout the whole process, which has made her lose trust and pride in New Zealand, she said."

Fletchers are liable say EQC yet both avoided inspecting under houses or in walls in fact they lied saying they had and when they did they didn't see any problems which were blatantly there, liquification,cracks, piles fallen over etc. This gets worse for Fletchers, they need to be made accountable for such shoddy practice and such poor quality work.
    C'mon. This isnt a surprise is it?

Locals around here call it "getting Fletchered"

IMO

luckily im far away and ignorant of the local knowledge. People have been screwed badly there, i listened to some of their stories on campbell on RNZ this eve.