sharetrader
Page 39 of 235 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/317011

2.2m shortfall cleared at $6.15.
    Pretty good price
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I have shares in FBU and want to take up my entitlement(I think).Will FBU send me out a form to fill in or will I have to contact ASB my broker.
    Should I do this now or wait a couple of weeks to see how things go or is it first in first served.Thanking you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by nissan View Post
    I have shares in FBU and want to take up my entitlement(I think).Will FBU send me out a form to fill in or will I have to contact ASB my broker.
    Should I do this now or wait a couple of weeks to see how things go or is it first in first served.Thanking you in advance
    You should get sent paperwork and forms from Fletchers

You are entitled to your 1 share for 4.46 held no matter what ....not first in first served

Looks like you can apply on line https://www.fletcherbuildingshareoffer.co.nz/offer/
    Last edited by winner69; 20-04-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Advanced Member

OK. I'm half stunned with drugs and alcohol and nasty falling trees in the past few weeks but I purchased 8,000 shares at 628 recently in the belief that they might just rise rapidly and make me a bob or two. Today I discover that my 628 is 620 but its marked as a rise? Firstly I thought that it might have paid a dividend. Now on this forum I seem to be in line for an issue of shares at 480cps on a one share for every 4.4 shares I own? That seems to be i800 shares to sell at market? Is that correct or should I go off the morphine and just stay in bed?

I purchased 8000

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Anyone planning on picking up some today?
    I still think there's plenty more skeletons in the closet and the new CEO has an awful lot of systemic issues to fix in the company, (if he ever can), so No I wouldn't be an investor in this going forward as this is like a large ship with a couple of very small rudders. Perhaps not like the Titanic anymore now they may have stemmed the worst of the leakage but it still looks like a cruise to nowhere with below par food, (dividends) along the way.

This doesn't pass the hounds sleep test, do I feel confident tucked up in my kennel / cabin at night thinking the captain and crew know what they're doing and the ship is sound and operationally fine...no way !!!

Some might even be so unkind as to suggest this is just a rearrangement of the deck chairs on the Titanic...surprised the institutions lapped up this rescue effort, haven't they been bitten by this mutt enough already ?????

Still...what would I know...thankfully enough to avoid ever getting bitten by this dog.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-04-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    OK. I'm half stunned with drugs and alcohol and nasty falling trees in the past few weeks but I purchased 8,000 shares at 628 recently in the belief that they might just rise rapidly and make me a bob or two. Today I discover that my 628 is 620 but its marked as a rise? Firstly I thought that it might have paid a dividend. Now on this forum I seem to be in line for an issue of shares at 480cps on a one share for every 4.4 shares I own? That seems to be i800 shares to sell at market? Is that correct or should I go off the morphine and just stay in bed?

I purchased 8000
    Yep you are entitled to 1793 shares but need to front up with $8600 odd. Once you have them you can sell them

If you want to sell some of the 8000 to pay for for the entitled shares you will only need to sell about 1400 at current prices

Or you could save a lot of bother and do nothing and hope that they get a good price for those shares not taken up and then send you are nice little cheque. Like if they got $6.20 for them you would get a cheque for about $2,500 ...cool eh ...but all depends on how things go in the meantime but that’s what I would do.

Corrected earlier post ...I stuffed up the $2,500 bit
    Last edited by winner69; 20-04-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep you are entitled to 1793 shares but need to front up with $8600 odd. Once you have them you can sell them

If you want to sell some of the 8000 to pay for for the entitled shares you will only need to sell about 1400 at current prices

Or you could save a lot of bother and do nothing and hope that they get a good price for those shares not taken up and then send you are nice little cheque. Like if they got $6.20 for them you would get a cheque for about $11,000 ...cool eh ...but all depends on how things go in the meantime but that’s what I would do.
    $11000? Don’t think so. More like $2500

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    $11000? Don’t think so. More like $2500

You are so right

Discounted cap raise @$4.80 and the BI unit losing up to $660M by 2019 is this SP artificially high?

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Discounted cap raise @$4.80 and the BI unit losing up to $660M by 2019 is this SP artificially high?
    Rob Mercer head of research at Forsyth Barr in a behind the paywall article on NBR this morning cautions that this well timed capital raise doesn't solve the systemic operational weakness's within the company and further cautions that other's are starting to eat FBU's lunch in areas of their traditional highly profitable operations, e.g. cement and wallboards.

Can't help myself watching this super slow motion train wreck. Plenty more pain and angst to come...
    FBU the gift that keeps on giving for those that like watching train wrecks.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine