sharetrader
Page 41 of 235 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybuffett View Post
    Sorry missed this yesterday - yes, Chinese are here and they did bring their own labour force, I think the Hyatt down the bottom of town is being built by China Construction Company, 200 workers from China on board. Also was discussing markets with a guy from a civil contracting firm yesterday, he noted he is facing more competition from Australia, and I note that Europeans have picked up NZ companies over last few years - HEB Construction owned by Vinci now, and CPB (used to be Leightons) is owned by Spanish company. Lots of change to come in this sector.
    I read somewhere the chinese had problems with visas. The local union said gib fixers got paid more than that offered to Chinese workers so they objected to the issuing of visas. Presume that got resolved somehow.

Minimum holdings
    Might depend on what the price is when you buy so currently 50 shares

Price Minimum shares
    < $0.25 2,000 shares
    $0.251 - $0.50 1,000 shares
    $0.501 - $1.00 500 shares
    $1.001 - $2.00 200 shares
    $2.001 - $5.00 100 shares
    $5.001 - $10.00 50 shares
    $10.001 + 25 shares

I know I'm not the market but I used to have a couple of trade accounts with PLacemaker. Not any more. Mitre 10 has superior product range, much better customer experience and price is OK. I wouldnt be investing anything into Placemakers and the sooner we allow easier entry of product like Gib the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Minimum holdings
    Might depend on what the price is when you buy so currently 50 shares

Price Minimum shares
    < $0.25 2,000 shares
    $0.251 - $0.50 1,000 shares
    $0.501 - $1.00 500 shares
    $1.001 - $2.00 200 shares
    $2.001 - $5.00 100 shares
    $5.001 - $10.00 50 shares
    $10.001 + 25 shares
    50 shares times $6 = $300 plus $30 brokerage $330...almost worth the price of admission to watch the fireworks at the next annual meeting and who knows you might even get net half your money back after the meeting. Could be the best corporate entertainment this year for about $150 lol

Please excuse my fascination with train wrecks...this arguably one of the very biggest in the last 20 years or so.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-05-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    50 shares times $6 = $300 plus $30 brokerage $330...almost worth the price of admission to watch the fireworks at the next annual meeting and who knows you might even get net half your money back after the meeting. Could be the best corporate entertainment this year for about $150 lol

Please excuse my fascination with train wrecks...this arguably one of the very biggest in the last 20 years or so.
    ASB have launched a $15.00 brokerage fee on small parcels,its up to $1000.00.Save enough to buy a beer there,as Fletchers can't afford a shout!

Deduct value of morning tea and the numbers look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Deduct value of morning tea and the numbers look even better.
    Goodluck getting any morning tea! The pensioners that attend these AGMs certainly are hungry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    Goodluck getting any morning tea! The pensioners that attend these AGMs certainly are hungry!!!
    I would expect Fletchers to have First Aiders in high viz vest on hand to bandage any fingers harmed in the action.

Guru

I absolutely love a good train wreck me. Only as long as I'm not part owner - as have owned some train wrecks in my time - not so much fun.

On a more serious side, I was very surprised at the time of the recent trading halt that it didn't slide more than it did on re-opening. I think a few posters here were thankful at the levels they could get out at. But usually such an issue isn't the end of it, and slow/expensive to turn such a large ship around, especially with existing heavy forward contractual obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I absolutely love a good train wreck me. Only as long as I'm not part owner - as have owned some train wrecks in my time - not so much fun.

Off topic now - but my best train wreck was Submarines Australia. It was a float that didn't work out and literally and figuratively sunk to the bottom of the sea.