sharetrader
Page 42 of 234 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    ASB have launched a $15.00 brokerage fee on small parcels,its up to $1000.00.Save enough to buy a beer there,as Fletchers can't afford a shout!
    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Deduct value of morning tea and the numbers look even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    Goodluck getting any morning tea! The pensioners that attend these AGMs certainly are hungry!!!
    LOL very true ! Not a single nibble to be had at the SUM meeting last Friday by the time I finished chatting with the directors and senior management.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Please excuse my fascination with train wrecks...this arguably one of the very biggest in the last 20 years or so.
    Don't the Germans have a word for this?

I'm just grateful that I was able to avoid the worst of it.

Based on the investor call sounded like the recent profit downgrade took into aco**** most of their current project being delayed and incurred late payment fees

still confident buying in the low $6, close your eyes and wait 2-3 years

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pavan Sharma View Post
    If you have to close your eyes and wait 2-3 years, then it doesn't sound like a good investment strategy and no place for my money. GLTAH - my feeling is you'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavan Sharma View Post
    Jeez - if I held FBU I wouldn't be able to sleep. Would always be wondering when the next lot of bad news would come up and more on my capital destroyed.

Bottom line is construction has for the past 7 years been in what can only be described as the Very Best of times. Earthquakes, infrastructure and population growth. You would have to be a fool not to make money under such conditions. Those times, while still good arent anywhere as rosy now. Head winds ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Jeez - if I held FBU I wouldn't be able to sleep. Would always be wondering when the next lot of bad news would come up and more on my capital destroyed.

Bottom line is construction has for the past 7 years been in what can only be described as the Very Best of times. Earthquakes, infrastructure and population growth. You would have to be a fool not to make money under such conditions. Those times, while still good arent anywhere as rosy now. Head winds ahead.
    It absolutely beggars belief doesn't it ! Took Mrs B out for an overdue lunch seeing as its such a nice day and we got a window seat at Fortuna buffet looking directly onto the greatest construction cost fiasco we'll probably ever see in our lifetimes. Fascinating to watch this going up. I think this will stretch into 2020 and come close to $1,000m against an original contract of ~ $440m. Mrs B asked how it could possibly go that badly wrong. I just shook my head and said, you tell me lol.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I just saw a major broker saying to avoid the rights. Quite a strong thing to say ...
    I can think of something better to do than not take up the rights.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I just saw a major broker saying to avoid the rights. Quite a strong thing to say ...
    I can think of something better to do than not take up the rights.
    I still had a small holding in FBU so I simply sold the same amount of shares that I was offered in the rights issue, and took up the rights offer ... this way my average price per share was reduced

FBU has always been a huge disappointing waiting game for me ... yet again so many regrets investing in this lemon.

I took up all rights and will hold.It will take 2-3 years but will come right.