sharetrader
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I dont care for Kimdotcom-in a way I feel he is getting what he deserves for what he has done.
    However I do care about justice and openness.
    Our justice system has been unfairly and unlawfully influenced by Hollywood and the FBI.
    The police and I believe John Key have not told the truth.
    Last month the police reached a confidential settlement with Dotcom for his unlawful arrest.They knowingly told us all lies about it.

This settlement would have been for millions.
    It is our money derived from Taxes.
    I would like to know about it
    When we lose our judiciary to the influence of another country it is but a small step from there to signing over by default our sovereignty .If the politicians (Key) were personally liable this would not happen but as you say the NZ public purse is open.

Ther was a tv programme on the other day about KDC which is now sitting on my Tivo. A bit of viewing over the christmas break

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Ther was a tv programme on the other day about KDC which is now sitting on my Tivo. A bit of viewing over the christmas break
    Its worth watching.
    Sad the nz prosecuting lawyer presenting false translations of illegally collected skype conversations as fact.
    Sad the fbi had so many files they had collected given to a judge who didnt even understand how the internet works.
    Sad the role of the police and security services who illegally colluded with the FBI.
    Sad that this saga will go on for years and cost us a fortune and waste so much police time.

Guru

kim dot com is a very smart man... apparently he did a crypto ico a private one and raised some money for a decentralised mobile phone network... if this ever goes to market It will be a huge investment to get into...
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger...car vertical....LOCI ...tron... dotcoin.......swissborg... rentberry ico...

Shewdy you are a crypto maniac ,yet you missed out on stev1coin, mokee if it is the movie I saw some time ago it is well worth watching quite an eye opener and really a total embarrassment to us as kiwis that this went to the stage it has.

"I didnt get where I was tomorrow by being careful"

Yet another round of this farce has started.
    I havnt the time to watch it atm
    Anyone have any views or reports on this
    Must be at least another 6 rounds to go
    Original charges found not to apply so some TRUMPED up new ones(my apologies to Trump if he is innocent but are not the FBI devious as well?)

Anyone have any views or reports on this
    The Herald covers it
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11992764

It appears the case will drag on and hes preparing for the long haul by marrying a law student.
    I think he's guilty as sin, but shouldn't be extradited to USA.
    And we shouldn't be wasting our Courts time on defending US commercial interests.
    To me he is one of those people who are too smart for their own good.

Thanks for the link and opinion.
    Looks like it will go on for a long-time and have potential to boomerang back on the Justice system.
    Andrew little might be asked to do something John Key clearly wanted to happen(i suspect he was involved a lot more than has been revealed).
    I dont think extradition will happen under this government-would they have any interest in appeasement with Hollywood-are Littles morals stronger than this?
    This is Big for nz.

If they, the Gov't, say sorry and make him NZ CTO too then all these Courts' appearances would probably go away

Its worth watching.
    Sad the nz prosecuting lawyer presenting false translations of illegally collected skype conversations as fact.
    Sad the fbi had so many files they had collected given to a judge who didnt even understand how the internet works.
    Sad the role of the police and security services who illegally colluded with the FBI.
    Sad that this saga will go on for years and cost us a fortune and waste so much police time.
    I did get around to watching that programme. Just appalling!

On the whole I think our police / justice do a reasonable job for 95% of the time. But , jeez that other 5 %. When they get it wrong they really blow it. Trouble is this 5% is enough to severely undermine the faith we ought to have in our justice system. And what I don't like is the political interference - thats is really worrying.

I did get around to watching that programme. Just appalling!

On the whole I think our police / justice do a reasonable job for 95% of the time. But , jeez that other 5 %. When they get it wrong they really blow it. Trouble is this 5% is enough to severely undermine the faith we ought to have in our justice system. And what I don't like is the political interference - thats is really worrying.
    Glad you watched it
    Looks like there is worse to come
    Our justice system seemed to cave in to political pressure
    It looks as if some of the judges had conflicts of interest they didn't declare-eg law firm they have interests in are acting for usa
    I am not sure if two of the judges on this appeal are involved
    We need an independent inquiry into what is going on
    If not the consequence will be more than failure of justice but billions of compensation

Still cannot get much information on how this hearing is going
    I do wonder why and if anyone else here knows
    BTW I see we are being sued for 6.7 billion in damages.
    It will be the taxpayer that pays for the settlement-just like the last one

still no news I can find.
    Perhaps it doesnt matter what this court finds.
    Afterall he is a new Zealand resident and it takes ministerial approval to extradite him.
    Now Judith Collins is gone I doubt if that will happen.
    A more pragmatic view might be to drop all legal proceedings and save a few billion dollars.

still no news I can find.
    Perhaps it doesnt matter what this court finds.
    Afterall he is a new Zealand resident and it takes ministerial approval to extradite him.
    Now Judith Collins is gone I doubt if that will happen.
    A more pragmatic view might be to drop all legal proceedings and save a few billion dollars.
    Likely because Dotcom is no longer newsworthy. And the issues are too complex for a reporter to comprehend and report back. Probably deemed not in public interest to tie a reporter up in court for so long

Likely because Dotcom is no longer newsworthy. And the issues are too complex for a reporter to comprehend and report back. Probably deemed not in public interest to tie a reporter up in court for so long
    You might well be right.
    The whole thing is actually very simple.
    The last hearing was streamed live.
    I enjoyed watching it and the fbi/crown case taken apart.
    The original charge had to be dismissed as not a crime in nz(criminal copyright) but then the judges suggested new charges could apply

Such a miscarriage of justice would normally attract a lot of investigative journalists
    The second point is that we are going to be hammered with massive damages and costs if this farce is allowed to continue.
    That means everyone who pays taxes is going to be paying for it or we have less money for health or roads.
    I just dont get why everyone appears not to be concerned.