sharetrader
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    You might well be right.
    The whole thing is actually very simple.
    The last hearing was streamed live.
    I enjoyed watching it and the fbi/crown case taken apart.
    The original charge had to be dismissed as not a crime in nz(criminal copyright) but then the judges suggested new charges could apply

Such a miscarriage of justice would normally attract a lot of investigative journalists
    The second point is that we are going to be hammered with massive damages and costs if this farce is allowed to continue.
    That means everyone who pays taxes is going to be paying for it or we have less money for health or roads.
    I just dont get why everyone appears not to be concerned.
    They don't want everyone concerned = mitigate media coverage.

Banned

They messed with the wrong person IMO. Kim has so far made them look like incompetent fools, and has managed to expose some pretty scary stuff if you ask me.

There is something rotten about Clinton, and something even more rotten about the Seth Rich murder.

The link is a letter sent to FBI special council Robert Mueller from Kim Dotcom lawyers, to which they never replied.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO170...al-counsel.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blakie View Post
    They messed with the wrong person IMO. Kim has so far made them look like incompetent fools, and has managed to expose some pretty scary stuff if you ask me.

There is something rotten about Clinton, and something even more rotten about the Seth Rich murder.

The link is a letter sent to FBI special council Robert Mueller from Kim Dotcom lawyers, to which they never replied.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO170...al-counsel.htm

Hes such a blowarse
    i reckon HE messed with the wrong people, thinking he could facilitate pirating of the biggest movie-making industry.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    He’s such a blowarse
    i reckon HE messed with the wrong people, thinking he could facilitate pirating of the biggest movie-making industry.
    Maybe-but still no news as to what is happening in the current court proceedings.

He’s such a blowarse
    Where did he commit the alleged offences? And does NZ have an extradition treaty for such offences? What crime did he commit here? Why was the anti-terrorist special tactics unit used against this NZ citizen.

He may be a blowarse but he is entitled to the same jurisdictional process as anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Where did he commit the alleged offences? And does NZ have an extradition treaty for such offences? What crime did he commit here? Why was the anti-terrorist special tactics unit used against this NZ citizen.

He may be a blowarse but he is entitled to the same jurisdictional process as anyone else

looks like he has had a win-from a tweet today-"Attorney General of New Zealand broke the law by withholding information I’m legally entitled to.

The Government & Ministers are ordered to comply with my requests and provide all documents.

Damages for loss of benefit and loss of dignity are rewarded to me."

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    looks like he has had a win-from a tweet today-"Attorney General of New Zealand broke the law by withholding information Im legally entitled to.

The Government & Ministers are ordered to comply with my requests and provide all documents.

Damages for loss of benefit and loss of dignity are rewarded to me."

Here you go....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12020463

Well yes he is entitled to it. And no he arguably hasnt committed any crimes, apart from insider trading, speeding, and of course generally being a smart arse ****.

BUT, if I'm in a car I dont try to enforce my right of way against a large truck. Might is right, dead is bad. If he wants to spend his life battling with govts and moguls by being vexatious , litigious, and belligerent , then he is going the right way about it.
    The bottom line is he was clever enough to exploit IP without (arguably) breaking the law. It made him a ****load and he still gets to screw pretty young woman but his life must be hell.
    I'd rather be poor than be him.

Well yes he is entitled to it. And no he arguably hasnt committed any crimes, apart from insider trading, speeding, and of course generally being a smart arse ****.

BUT, if I'm in a car I dont try to enforce my right of way against a large truck. Might is right, dead is bad. If he wants to spend his life battling with govts and moguls by being vexatious , litigious, and belligerent , then he is going the right way about it.
    The bottom line is he was clever enough to exploit IP without (arguably) breaking the law. It made him a ****load and he still gets to screw pretty young woman but his life must be hell.
    I'd rather be poor than be him.
    Fully agree.
    But to me it is a good decision as it shows we are a true democracy where you cant hide the truth forever.

BUT, if I'm in a car I dont try to enforce my right of way against a large truck. If he wants to spend his life battling with govts and moguls by being vexatious , litigious, and belligerent , then he is going the right way about it. .
    Nor do you expect to be pulled over by an Apache Attack Helicopter for an alleged speeding offence in Australia.

As for your last statement the Human Rights Tribunal very cleary found that he was not vexatious, litigious or belligerent. $30k for loss of benefit due to the Attorney Generals illegal meddling and interference. $60k for loss of dignity and injury to feelings. Plus costs.

Personally I am very pleased there are people like him prepared to stand up to govt and moguls. Being in govt does not give govt the right to run roughshod over basic citizen rights. And when it is found to have done so it should pay a heavy penalty to encourage future Ministers to think twice before trying to screw individuals who have a legitimate right to lead a peaceful existence in NZ.
    Last edited by minimoke; 27-03-2018 at 09:21 AM.

I get the feeling that he is becoming somewhat understandably litigious and belligerent so best to do a settlement with him asap-a judicial mediation for instance.
    Otherwise this could cost us taxpayers a fortune.

Nor do you expect to be pulled over by an Apache Attack Helicopter for an alleged speeding offence in Australia.

As for your last statement the Human Rights Tribunal very cleary found that he was not vexatious, litigious or belligerent. $30k for loss of benefit due to the Attorney Generals illegal meddling and interference. $60k for loss of dignity and injury to feelings. Plus costs.

Personally I am very pleased there are people like him prepared to stand up to govt and moguls. Being in govt does not give govt the right to run roughshod over basic citizen rights. And when it is found to have done so it should pay a heavy penalty to encourage future Ministers to think twice before trying to screw individuals who have a legitimate right to lead a peaceful existence in NZ.
    I see it as he gave up his right to a peaceful existence when he effectively stole digital product and resold it. Coz we all know thats what he did. He facilitated theft on such a massive scale, and made such exceptional profits that he deserves a life of pain if he wants to keep the riches. Its karma man.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I see it as he gave up his right to a peaceful existence when he effectively stole digital product and resold it. .
    I'm clearly not fully on top of this issue. I wasnt aware that he had been convicted of any copyright infringements. Just because 4 Swedes got convicted in Sweden doesnt mean DotCom will be convicted in an alternative jurisdiction

Where are all teh convictions of people taking a camera into a movie theatre and recording a show? Where are all the convictions of people receiving copies. There arent very many.

I have a DVD here. Would you like to watch it? Shall I send it to you via NZ Couriers or NZ post?
    Last edited by minimoke; 28-03-2018 at 07:03 AM.

I'm clearly not fully on top of this issue. I wasnt aware that he had been convicted of any copyright infringements. Just because 4 Swedes got convicted in Sweden doesnt mean DotCom will be convicted in an alternative jurisdiction

Where are all teh convictions of people taking a camera into a movie theatre and recording a show? Where are all the convictions of people receiving copies. There arent very many.

I have a DVD here. Would you like to watch it? Shall I send it to you via NZ Couriers or NZ post?
    thats right MM you are not on top of the issue
    He stole stuff (albeit arguably legally) and someone is kicking his ass
    Thats the way the world works. You do bad, bad comes back to you. There is more to the way of the world than just the law.
    I do appreciate that strictly speaking he is (arguably) innocent, but everyone knows in their heart he facilitated theft. He is not a good person. He has no moral scruples.

No one cares if one person films a movie coz its only one movie but KD facilitated millions of thefts and got unbelievably wealthy doing that. Its just not kosher.

thats right MM you are not on top of the issue
    He stole stuff (albeit arguably legally)
    If what he did was arguably legal then that's the end of the story. Nothing to see here. Move on

If you want to send in the attack dogs for every morally questionable act a person does you are going to need a big kennel full of the things. And that's putting aside the morally questionable act of the illegal filming of a copyrighted movie by an individual. (what do you think happens to that filmed movie?)