sharetrader
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=minimoke;635959]Its all part of a master plan.

Its unbelievable what is being alleged.
    Chris Finlayson is alleged by kim dotcom to have promoted 2 judges who ruled against him and made his previous lawyer a judge!
    Also he stopped impartial judges taking part.
    I havnt checked on this and other things he has done.
    Still no news in the main media but this should be headlines

[QUOTE=fish;636033]
    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Its all part of a master plan.

Chris Finlayson is alleged by kim dotcom to have promoted 2 judges who ruled against him and made his previous lawyer a judge!
    Im not sure id read too much into that. KDC isnt the most reliable of people. Judges do get promoted and some lawyers would like to be a judge.

I think he needs a bit more substance to get that mud to stick

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=fish;636033]
    Its all part of a master plan.

remember the press conference he called , going to tell all , bring the govt down .... He had nothing .... Chose to spend all his money on a political party .....
    enough of the conspiracy stories ....

[QUOTE=stoploss;636094]
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post

remember the press conference he called , going to tell all , bring the govt down .... He had nothing .... Chose to spend all his money on a political party .....
    enough of the conspiracy stories ....
    Agree with you he is not a nice character.
    As for conspiracy I am not alleging one.
    I do believe what I see.
    I did see on the news about 5 years ago 2 helicoptors and armed police-was it 75 armed police? raid his property and imprison him for what essentially is a civil case of alleged copyright fraud.
    They acted unlawfully but what has been the consequences for those that ordered it?
    Did anyone conspire to do this?I dont know but I dont think it was one person making a mistake.
    The district court case judge who ordered the extradition copied the majority of his judgement word for word from the prosecution case-how can that be impartial?
    Then he gets a reward.
    This is just what I see.
    Why is there no reporting on the current case in nz mainstream media?

Advanced Member

[
    Why is there no reporting on the current case in nz mainstream media?
    My take would be the media are only going to report and write a story they think someone is interested in reading .If most of the country is over this guy no point .
    We have important things like local body elections to focus on .Currently there is another would be politician in the dock for the media to report on .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    My take would be the media are only going to report and write a story they think someone is interested in reading .If most of the country is over this guy no point .
    We have important things like local body elections to focus on .Currently there is another would be politician in the dock for the media to report on .
    There is a place to report extradition proceedings even if they have gone on for years.No problem reporting Assange and that is on the other side of the world and gone on longer.
    Seems strange to me that there is no news about this and the allegations being made about our judicial system.Somehow seems very relevant to me and I suspect others.
    As for Colin Craig and defamation I couldnt care less what he did or didnt do with his PA.
    Seems your interests are different to mine and that is just fine.Its when the media is not reporting on a very important extradition case thats when I wonder why

There is a place to report extradition proceedings even if they have gone on for years.No problem reporting Assange and that is on the other side of the world and gone on longer.
    Seems strange to me that there is no news about this and the allegations being made about our judicial system.Somehow seems very relevant to me and I suspect others.
    As for Colin Craig and defamation I couldnt care less what he did or didnt do with his PA.
    Seems your interests are different to mine and that is just fine.Its when the media is not reporting on a very important extradition case thats when I wonder why
    I agree, the financial strangulation is also becoming a lot more common in legal proceedings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I agree, the financial strangulation is also becoming a lot more common in legal proceedings as well.
    Agreed.They have tried to do this with dotcom-just confiscated/stolen most of his assets-and sent much to the US illegally.
    I understand his Barrister has done a lot for free.

Listening to him on youtube his voice is succumbing to exhaustion such is the US/NZ ignorance of their own laws.
    For instance the ISP safe harbour passed by congress section 59 b and c makes it clear that the isp provider cannot be subject to any criminal sanction.Even Civil action has many safeguards which dotcom seems to have provided for in his storage agreement.
    It seems the judge understands this unlike the district court judge.

[QUOTE=minimoke;636081]

Im not sure id read too much into that. KDC isnt the most reliable of people. Judges do get promoted and some lawyers would like to be a judge.

I think he needs a bit more substance to get that mud to stick
    Too true.He is a crook.As such he is very cunning and will be difficult to extradite.My feeling is that he is far too clever for our legal system which has caved into USA pressure.
    Live streaming means this case can be studied as it unfolds and for eternity can be looked back upon.Unfortunately I dont have enough time to look at all the live stream-any chance of you doing this and reporting as you did with David Bain?
    This has far more implications and you did such good impartial reporting of the Bain Case
    Last edited by fish; 08-09-2016 at 06:19 PM.

[QUOTE=fish;636129]
    .Unfortunately I dont have enough time to look at all the live stream-any chance of you doing this and reporting as you did with David Bain?
    This has far more implications and you did such good impartial reporting of the Bain Case
    And i don't have enough data phone to do it.

I agree is an important case: (mis)use of police powers; trumped up (non)charges; copyright; piracy and human rights around
    Extradition. As well as goverment surveillance of citizens.

More important than a sleazy Christian.

I've watched a hour or so on a few days. Its tedious , reminds me of Dickens Bleak House Jarndyce vs Jarndyce.
    Today they spent a long time reviewing a US case from the 60's involving the transportation of bootlegged copies of Elvis Presley music interstate. This was to demonstrate that the US courts have never considered copyright breaches as being a felony and thus not extraditable.
    The detail they go into in explaining these cases is laborious and tiresome , you'd have to have dedication to watch it all.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I've watched a hour or so on a few days. Its tedious , reminds me of Dickens Bleak House Jarndyce vs Jarndyce.
    Today they spent a long time reviewing a US case from the 60's involving the transportation of bootlegged copies of Elvis Presley music interstate. This was to demonstrate that the US courts have never considered copyright breaches as being a felony and thus not extraditable.
    The detail they go into in explaining these cases is laborious and tiresome , you'd have to have dedication to watch it all.
    True but I guess they have no alternative.
    I did find the bit about the 7 year old safe harbour legislation put in by congress that safeguards ISP against criminal charges a revelation.
    Dotcom didnt steal content but hosted content-as many ISP do.This has been safeguarded by congress aginst criminal charges
    Judge Dawson and the Herald dont seem to understand it.
    Dont expect the Herald to report on it misleading the NZ public
    From David Farrar in an eitorial in the Herald-

8, 2015 4:00PM BY DAVID FARRAR
    Herald calls for Dotcom to go
    The Herald editorial:

New Zealanders ought to be able to find Judge Dawson’s 271-page decision online as easily as they can download movies and music and other copyrighted material. It explains the methods allegedly used by Dotcom’s Megaupload site to store such material and even reward those who did so. It is said to have provided multiple URL links to the same material and when it received a take-down notice from a copyright owner, it is said to have removed only the offender’s link, not the material.

Again I recommend people read the decision. The way Mega was run bears almost no resemblance to You Tube or Dropbox. in fact they stole hundreds of thousands of videos from You Tube to act as camouflage for what they were really doing – paying people to share commercial copyrighted movies.

It may be that these sort of practices are technically legal but it is in the interests of content providers and users that we find out. We cannot find out until Dotcom goes to the US and faces trial. He should go now.

Interesting that Dotcom claimed to be starved of funds, yet he is also saying they will fight all the way to the Supreme Court. That would suggest he in fact has plenty of funds available for his legal case

True but I guess they have no alternative.
    I did find the bit about the 7 year old safe harbour legislation put in by congress that safeguards ISP against criminal charges a revelation.
    Dotcom didnt steal content but hosted content-as many ISP do.This has been safeguarded by congress aginst criminal charges
    Judge Dawson and the Herald dont seem to understand it.
    Dont expect the Herald to report on it misleading the NZ public
    From David Farrar in an eitorial in the Herald-

8, 2015 4:00PM BY DAVID FARRAR
    Herald calls for Dotcom to go
    The Herald editorial:

New Zealanders ought to be able to find Judge Dawson’s 271-page decision online as easily as they can download movies and music and other copyrighted material. It explains the methods allegedly used by Dotcom’s Megaupload site to store such material and even reward those who did so. It is said to have provided multiple URL links to the same material and when it received a take-down notice from a copyright owner, it is said to have removed only the offender’s link, not the material.

Again I recommend people read the decision. The way Mega was run bears almost no resemblance to You Tube or Dropbox. in fact they stole hundreds of thousands of videos from You Tube to act as camouflage for what they were really doing – paying people to share commercial copyrighted movies.

It may be that these sort of practices are technically legal but it is in the interests of content providers and users that we find out. We cannot find out until Dotcom goes to the US and faces trial. He should go now.

Interesting that Dotcom claimed to be starved of funds, yet he is also saying they will fight all the way to the Supreme Court. That would suggest he in fact has plenty of funds available for his legal case
    The whole process has been an eye opener for me. I think the element that strikes me most is people have been influenced by the media to make this a personality issue of dot.com rather than the actual legal issues at hand. Time and again people I consider intelligent..lap up the media line, accept character assassination of the person into believing they don't like the person and now switch off on the issues at hand. I would have thought today there would be more objective thought, people are so easily to manipulate!

Dotcom claimed to be starved of funds
    He stays in a pretty fancy apartment and bought his 9 year old daughter an Apple watch for her birthday, so cant be scratching with rusty nails.

My view is that he is almost certainly morally guilty but not legally, and that he shouldn't face US music as he's never been there.
    But mainly I care due to political machinations and sovereignty issues. And, after all he is an interesting and intelligent chap even if of dubious character.
    The guy just pushed a few too many buttons and now needs to spend all his life fighting for his freedom. Kind of Kafkaesque for him now , despite him knowing the criminal charges.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    He stays in a pretty fancy apartment and bought his 9 year old daughter an Apple watch for her birthday, so cant be scratching with rusty nails.

My view is that he is almost certainly morally guilty but not legally, and that he shouldn't face US music as he's never been there.
    But mainly I care due to political machinations and sovereignty issues. And, after all he is an interesting and intelligent chap even if of dubious character.
    The guy just pushed a few too many buttons and now needs to spend all his life fighting for his freedom. Kind of Kafkaesque for him now , despite him knowing the criminal charges.
    Far too intelligent for our justice system and is probably enjoying the limelight.
    He clearly isnt short of funds despite the usa confiscating a massive sum-?80 million.
    The epiphany for me came with the realisation of the extent of American bribery and trickery and how gullible our politicians and media are.
    No doubt John Key enjoyed his trip to Hollywood.
    There are no free dinners and I just wonder if dotcom was discussed