sharetrader
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gmt

Default Gmt

Are many ShareTradies invested in GMT? I have been looking for something that invests in the bricks and mortar stuff with stable management and a good look term outlook and this fits the bill surely? This will be my first foray into the stock market..

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Sushi and A Japanese Movie this evening

I own GMT - bought a batch in Mar-2009 and another in Aug-2013.

Combined with my holding in three others (ARG, KPG & SPG) they make up less of my portfolio than either Heartland Bank or Scales.

I am seriously considering selling all four property trusts tomorrow independent of what the market as a whole is doing

The proceeds will end up invested in something at some point.

An (Sweet Bean)

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Great movie that Sweat Bean

Thumbs up Japanese Film Festival Movie Review

Excellent movie - really enjoyed it and did not cry once .

Wednesday is After The Storm:

Probably have pancakes before hand.

Meanwhile - GMT is as good a bet as the other brick jobs except I would not touch AUG and if you have not looked at VHP you should.

Mostly they are dividend plays and when interest rates go up the price will come down, but a lot of the rest of the market will also fall.

Up to you if and when you pull the trigger, take care and may your time in the market be long and prosperous.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 13-09-2016 at 01:24 AM.
    om mani peme hum

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SweetJamaica View Post
    Are many ShareTradies igmt, anvested in GMT? I have been looking for something that invests in the bricks and mortar stuff with stable management and a good look term outlook and this fits the bill surely? This will be my first foray into the stock market..
    I'm not a sharetrader but do have reasonable holdings in GMT, ARG, KPG, SPG, IPL, PCT, PFI. They all seem ok but GMT is the last one I would add to.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetJamaica View Post
    Are many ShareTradies invested in GMT? I have been looking for something that invests in the bricks and mortar stuff with stable management and a good look term outlook and this fits the bill surely? This will be my first foray into the stock market..
    Welcome to the forum. Good solid company in my view. Industrial type properties have shown excellent returns in recent years and the way they're building new ones at Highbrook and selling off old ones so continually modernising their portfolio appeals to me. Forecast PIE return of 4.925% minimum at $1.35 so not a high return but its fully taxed and very low risk in my opinion. Very low gearing. A good conservative stock IMO. Currently my biggest holding on the NZX with a 14% portfolio allocation. I also hold ARG.

Wink Survival of the fittest

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    ...I am seriously considering selling all four property trusts tomorrow...
    Flipped the ARG which appeared to be the weakling.
    If/when I need some more funds it would be a roll of the dice whether it was GMT, KPG or SPG.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Legend

I have just returned from their investor presentation. Boring as hell, and that's exactly as it should be with property. Morning tea - 9 out of 10, so I'll go again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I have just returned from their investor presentation. Boring as hell, and that's exactly as it should be with property. Morning tea - 9 out of 10, so I'll go again next year.
    Agree that this is my most boring stock and I like it for exactly that reason. Thanks for the report on morning tea. I will try and get along next time.