sharetrader
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gmt

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    You might find that there are a few holders whose purchase price is less than the current NTA, and for whom their average purchase price is still lower than NTA even after participating in the SPP.
    Of course there are...so they should just keep holding even though the shares are at a massive premium to NTA now and get a whopping 2.98% ?
    Industrial REIT's have definitely been flavour of the year for quite some time now. If one looks at a five year chart they have been steadily rising from $1.10 five years ago to about $1.50 in January 2019. The dramatic steepening of the ascent in the chart, (up nearly 50% since January) is a very strong response to the perceived safety of an industrial REIT in very uncertain times.
    We have seen a similar response in 2019 from some of the quality gentailiers like MEL.
    All I am suggesting is this is quite a "crowded position" and many investors have taken a view that they need to go really defensive with their portfolio allocation. This has served them extremely well this year but Trump, (who is a power crazed pure narcissist with questionable mental health in my opinion), is desperate to get elected again and I think he will move heaven and earth to do some sort of trade deal with the Chinese soon. What happens to these "flavour of 2019" risk off stocks if its risk on in 2020 ?

Back to a more rational slight premium to NTA like $1.70 ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-10-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    I applied for 12000 units and got 1255. Hardly worth the time and effort filling in the forms and travelling to the cop shop for the confirmation signing etc.
    10000 and got 1255 also, I should have rec'd fewer?

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    10000 and got 1255 also, I should have rec'd fewer?
    Applied for 5000 and received 1255. Anybody out there receive any number other than 1255? Or is 1255 the new "42"?

G*d I loathe and despise SPPs!

Applied for 5000 and received 1255. Anybody out there receive any number other than 1255? Or is 1255 the new "42"?

Using a placement and SPP is a real black mark for a company that is internally managed and thus supposedly investor friendly.

I'm sort of glad I didn't bother applying...…..Was going to go for the $50,000 worth thinking there would be scaling and perhaps ending up with $25,000-$30,000, but it certainly seems to have been brutal.

Advanced Member

Had your refund yet?

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Of course there are...so they should just keep holding even though the shares are at a massive premium to NTA now and get a whopping 2.98% ?

. . . . . . snip . . . . . . .

Back to a more rational slight premium to NTA like $1.70 ?
    I suppose it depends how you structure your portfolio, Beagle. Property is in my "income" bucket, so the only reason for me to sell is capital preservation, and a trailing stop takes care of that - as it did on the GFC.

Haven't heard anything to the contrary since 14 October when I was told by ASB that my request for maximum units of 23,809 was acted on or processed, I would say I got what I applied for. Or maybe because they kept telling me I'm an "ASB premium client".

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Using a placement and SPP is a real black mark for a company that is internally managed and thus supposedly investor friendly.
    I applied for the max and got 3334. I think the allocation formula related to your entitlement in the rights offer (which in turn was determined by your pre-rights-offer holding level).

Refunds due on Friday.

I have to say GMT's offer was one of the shabbiest ever, IMHO. The paperwork, the need for certification, thus no online application option, and then really small allocations. A big FAIL all around. GMT management hang your heads in shame.
    Last edited by jg8512; 30-10-2019 at 07:24 AM. Reason: fix typo

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/353836

Under new policy at least 5.3 cents to be paid FY21.

Fairly solid result??