sharetrader

Threaded View

Thanks Snoopy and peat. Yes I got an offer to apply for shares even though I am just a dissatisfied bondholder. The companies veracious appetite for new capital concerns me as does the depth of the discount required to get it. The 5% discount bondholders will "enjoy" if they choose to convert to shares next year does not appear to be sufficient if they're having to resort to issuing new capital at a 10% discount now. Those who do convert their bonds to shares next September are playing Russian roulette if their goal is to sell these very illiquid shares and try and work the 5% discount to their advantage.
    I feel the same way about the present apparent 5% discount ($3.20 current SP compared to $3.02 SPP) especially while we play flip the coin with which way Winston Peter's will jump. I think a left wing coalition with him the Greens and Labour could seriously undermine business confidence going forward. My sense is TRA have enough of my capital already and I am underwhelmed with how I am being treated as a bondholder in regard to conversion terms, the EPS growth and the discount on possible conversion of bonds is with hindsight, materially insufficient. I will decide at the time but its looking almost certain I will simply ask for my money back at the end of the convertible note term. No interest from me in the SPP for the shares at $3.02. I see far better value elsewhere.

Colonial Motors are trading at a material PE discount and have an outstanding history of providing solid returns to shareholders over their 99 year history. I guess I just prefer strong stable companies that have been around for a really long time and weathered all sorts of financial conditions including the GFC. There's something about that sort of long history and solidity that really appeals to me.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine