sharetrader

Hybrid View

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    At anything above $3.95 bondholders stand to have their shares issued at a bigger than 5% discount, i.e. the lower of $3.75 or a 5% discount to VWAP.
    The chances of the shares being higher than $3.95 at the time of conversion have been diluted by this issue so bondholders have indeed been disadvantaged BUT I do not expect the company directors to see it that way.
    I managed to digest my Share Purchase Plan prospectus yesterday. The entitlement for bondholders is determined by taking the dollar value of the bonds and dividing that by $3.75, thus generating an 'equivalent shareholding' for SPP purchase purposes. As you suspected Beagle, this $3.75 price is unchanged from the bond prospectus dated 22nd August 2016. Except in the bond prospectus, the conversion terms for next year stipulate a $3.75 maximum conversion price, and a lesser price should the TRA share price be below $3.90 at conversion date. Clearly issuing a whole lot more shares at $3.02 today means it is less likely that the share price will be above $3.90 in a year's time. So I think bondholders have lost out here, despite this 'out' below, quoted from p17 of the Bond Prospectus.

"Turners may issue further Shares from time to time before the Maturity Date of the Bonds, which may negatively affect the Share price. This may reduce the value Bondholders receive on Conversion (but subject to the minimum provided by the discounted approach)."

"The minimum provided by the discounted approach" refers to the minimum 5% discount on new shares issue at maturity that will increase if the share price goes above $3.95 by conversion date. But bondholders would get this discount whether the SPP and placement happened or not. So I think it would be clear to an independent observer that bondholders will be disadvantaged at conversion time, even if they (apparently) have an offsetting opportunity to buy some new shares at $3.02 today, as 'compensation'. I say 'apparently' because my offer to take part in the SPP came because I am also a shareholder. No mention was made of the fact that I am a bondholder as well.

Did any bondholder who is not a shareholder get the SPP offer document?

For what it is worth I have applied for my maximum allowance. I am not sure how many I will get and I am not sure if $3.02 is really a bargain. It will only be a bargain if growth goes according to plan, and that is the risk that all shareholders take.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 23-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I

Did any bondholder who is not a shareholder get the SPP offer document?

e.

SNOOPY
    Yes, my partner who is only a bondholder got a SPP offer document. She has applied for shares at $3.02.