sharetrader
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    Advanced Member

We know with almost certainty that the new bid is for 25c however the AFR reports that there's another potential bidder in the pipeline. I'm still hoping that if GNX is taken over soon that it is for at least above 30c. My own valuation currently (albeit a bit positive) is 35c but based on the fact that Kidston Hydro construction goes off without a hitch and on time.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    We know with almost certainty that the new bid is for 25c however the AFR reports that there's another potential bidder in the pipeline. I'm still hoping that if GNX is taken over soon that it is for at least above 30c. My own valuation currently (albeit a bit positive) is 35c but based on the fact that Kidston Hydro construction goes off without a hitch and on time.
    I think we have a glossy annual report due soon, maybe the updated graphs including the Bulli Creek development will get the gorse out of Skips pockets.

Advanced Member

If the takeover really happens then this will be my worst ever feeling despite having made a lot of money.

Advanced Member

There it is. Unless there is another bidder we will get taken over for 25c which is BULLSH*T

Yep pretty weak offer, only saving grace would be a second bidder coming in... What's the chances? Potentially JPower?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Yep pretty weak offer, only saving grace would be a second bidder coming in... What's the chances? Potentially JPower?
    No idea but judging by the announcement there has to be another bidder otherwise 25c will get unanimous Board approval. Do we know anyone at the Aussie or NZ Superfunds? How about Infratil? I wanna dream a bit longer for a higher payout with at least a 3 at the front.

There was an interesting bit about battery economics in the Q&A for Contact Energy's 2022 results this week. They are in the planning stages for a big NZ battery but have hit pause on the build. Although the demand side was improving in NZ (wider intra-day price spread) none of the major suppliers were willing to provide a build option that hedges against lithium prices. CEO described current lithium prices as "eye-watering".

GNX might have got their Tesla battery deal through at just the right time, which wold make the current takeover bid look even more opportunistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XB0gGH9Ho&t=3910s

IMO

Jeez, I've been holding this a while ,my breakeven 24.5c I will be so pissed if they cave in at 25c,opportunity's lost.What golden parachutes will management get?.I still think other offers may well transpire to something more realistic.Why would Management accept such a low ball offer before the pumped hydrois completed!!!?.And the need for Green energy is only going to accelerate and become more valuable and desirable.

Seems we have a few disgruntled small share holders. Has any small shareholder put themselves forward to rally the troops? It was done really well with NZO. I think someone started an email address or ran a spreadsheet asking small holders to provide basic information, total shareholding, vote Yes or No. Apart from online forums I wouldn't know how to get in contact with other holders.

Genex first, now PTB in trading halt - busy week in my portfolio