Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
Found on HC. Apparently a Labor MP has prematurely announced what I hope to be announced soon:

First NAIF project to be announced - at last!

Download PDFDownload PDF

THE HON JASON CLARE MP SHADOW MINISTER FOR TRADE AND INVESTMENT SHADOW MINISTER FOR RESOURCES AND NORTHERN AUSTRALIA MEMBER FOR BLAXLAND

CATHY O’TOOLE MEMBER FOR HERBET

FIRST NAIF PROJECT TO BE ANNOUNCED - AT LAST!

Federal Labor has called on the Federal Government to announce the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility’s rumoured decision to fund Genex - a hydro and solar power project located near Townsville.

Word on the street is that the Federal Government has finally made a decision to spend some of the $5 billion it earmarked to invest in job-generating infrastructure for Northern Australia on the Genex project.

This will be the first funding decision made by the NAIF more than two years after it was established.

If the NAIF has made a decision, the Federal Government should announce the funding immediately so it can be invested in this job-generating infrastructure.

Genex has been strongly supported by Member for Herbert Cathy O’Toole and the State Labor Government.

The Genex project will create jobs and boost energy supply to help put downward pressure on power prices for North Queensland.

Construction on the project is already underway and Labor calls on the Federal Government to release the funding immediately to support badly-needed jobs for North Queensland.

The Federal Government’s announcement will follow Labor’s commitment to raise the Burdekin Dam Wall to boost power supply and secure Townsville’s water supply.

Labor welcomes investment in infrastructure for the North.

The North has been waiting for two years for the Government to spend this money. Make the announcement and get on with helping to create jobs for North Queensland.

MONDAY, 17 JULY 2017

MEDIA CONTACTS: KORENA FLANAGAN (CLARE) 0418 251 316 JESSICA NAUNTON (OTOOLE) 0408 192 255
Pretty weird release from Cathy O'Toole - if she'd got word they had been selected surely she wouldn't put out an announcement telling them to hurry up and announce? I don't see the point of it - no difference to her if they announce this week or next as long as it goes through? Unless she wants her name everywhere when the announcement does come out.

I hold GNX and its in my top 3 holdings, hasn't taken a step wrong since IPO, just ticking the boxes off one by one. Would look to top up but too much of my overall holding already - still have loyalty options to cash in next year.