sharetrader
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    Advanced Member

We are out of the pricing period for the J-Power share sale and the SP seems to have found a level between 23c-24c which amongst the turmoil of late has been heartening. I expect another little uplift in SP after 19/5 when financial close is officially achieved for the Kidston Hydro project.

In the short term I expect news about the Bouldercombe battery project about battery supplier (I think Simon let it slip that it will be provided by Tesla) and the size. Planned was 50MW but I believe provisions have been made in resource consent to upgrade to 100MW.

Advanced Member

Turbines ordered: https://www.andritz.com/newsroom-en/...-kidston-group

Today we should see settlement of share sale to J-Power and appointment of Kenichi Seshimo to the GNX board.
    Tomorrow we should reach Financial Close.

Advanced Member

It's official. Financial close on Hydro achieved!

IMO

aa4.jpg

Great stuff A comfortable bottom drawer hold locked in now .

Advanced Member

Today is the groundbreaking ceremony at Kidston for the pumped hydro project. Nice.
    137e2054f9ee0c45e68bd473435dbc5e_395.jpg

Back in to Genex this morning (an old friend), lots to like now with a lot of risk now removed and the share price is looking very good for an entry. Quarterly update looked good, value play here for me. Who's still following this? Silu? I was reading an article from a technical analysis point of view (not my kind of thing) but chart is evidently looking good for a breakout upwards.

Advanced Member

Yes I'm still in it. Very large investment actually. Had to stop buying because it's up to 30% of my total portfolio. Bottom of the drawer type of investment for me. Currently priced for Kidston and Jemalong Solar without the upside of Bouldercome Battery, Kidston Wind and of course Kidston Hydro to come.

This one won't make you rich overnight but it will be a stable investment with considerate upside and also managements willingness to pay out dividends in the near future. TA wise there seems to be some tightening lately which would suggest a re-rate. Personally I think it should be trading closer to 30c at the moment.

I bought a small parcel of Genex to regain a bit of exposure to Australian renewable energy now that Tilt Renewables is gone. I'll gradually add more by investing dividends from NZ investments in the same sector. I've taken a similar approach with a few US-listed companies, just proceeding slowly and cautiously for now.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Yes I'm still in it. Very large investment actually. Had to stop buying because it's up to 30% of my total portfolio. Bottom of the drawer type of investment for me. Currently priced for Kidston and Jemalong Solar without the upside of Bouldercome Battery, Kidston Wind and of course Kidston Hydro to come.

This one won't make you rich overnight but it will be a stable investment with considerate upside and also managements willingness to pay out dividends in the near future. TA wise there seems to be some tightening lately which would suggest a re-rate. Personally I think it should be trading closer to 30c at the moment.
    Yes plenty to like, I have listened to a couple of interviews and to oversimplify what they have said they have a very low risk strategy to "lease" their generation assets out and get steady returns for shareholders.

Share purchase plan is open, price is lower of $0.15 or market VWAP over the 5 days before the offer closes on March 17.

I plan to participate, but I only had a small holding on record date so expect I will get scaled severly if it turns out to be oversubscribed.