sharetrader
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Thinking chin up silu,

We have to wait a little longer for Energy Australia, sounds like negotiations broke down. I would love to know the reasons, usually its money. It could be a good sign our little company is negotiating hard. Seems there has been no market leak, share price has been strong recently.

This project is in high demand, I wouldnt be surprised for the politicians to get involved. They may open their wallets even more.

Looking to add a few more over the next little while, I see this as a delay, it happens all the time in my industry. Hopefully this is resolved in the first quarter next year and not the last.

Its a pitty, it was tracking so well.
    Hi Carpenterjoe,

Thanks for the words. I'm feeling a bit better now and it's not as if Genex is suddenly going belly up or the like. I actually think right now they are barely valued fairly with KS1 completed and JS1 just about to start. Kinda good to hear also that you as an industry insider aren't too worried about the delay.

My 2 cents right now about this are the Genex negotiated hard for a 20-30 year off-take agreement. Energy Australia as a conservative body was looking for policy concessions from the Federal Government that were as yet not forthcoming. Personally I cannot see how this project is not going forward as it has the backing from so many parties and the state government but how and when is going to hang over the share price for a while. How J-Power will fit into this I don't know yet. I'm looking forward to management informing the market clearly about the path forward.

On the plus side with new substantial holders coming on board just before the announcement it seems that most have been unaware and there are no leaks. Small consolation.

Advanced Member

Currently trading at 19c which is way better than the drop to 14c on Friday. At current MC of 75m it trades at fair value for KS1 and JS1 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Hi Carpenterjoe,

Thanks for the words. I'm feeling a bit better now and it's not as if Genex is suddenly going belly up or the like. I actually think right now they are barely valued fairly with KS1 completed and JS1 just about to start. Kinda good to hear also that you as an industry insider aren't too worried about the delay.

My 2 cents right now about this are the Genex negotiated hard for a 20-30 year off-take agreement. Energy Australia as a conservative body was looking for policy concessions from the Federal Government that were as yet not forthcoming. Personally I cannot see how this project is not going forward as it has the backing from so many parties and the state government but how and when is going to hang over the share price for a while. How J-Power will fit into this I don't know yet. I'm looking forward to management informing the market clearly about the path forward.

On the plus side with new substantial holders coming on board just before the announcement it seems that most have been unaware and there are no leaks. Small consolation.
    Good to hear your not letting the situation get the better of you.

I'm happy we have been notified this side of xmas. I would have found it harder getting notified with a week left in the year.

This project its needed by the grid. Within the last few months there have been midday occurrences where the grid has charged to produce Queensland power.

I will continue to trade at these prices, even tho i got caught holding way to many last week.

I would like an update on the Jemmalong project and if the building schedule has changed.

Advanced Member

There's some weight off my shoulders
    NAIF Board Approves Extension of Kidston Hydro Funding Offer
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...asx-2A1186169/

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    There's some weight off my shoulders
    NAIF Board Approves Extension of Kidston Hydro Funding Offer
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...asx-2A1186169/
    have been following this one for the last 12 months.
    thanks very much for all of your contributions & commentary silu (which I have always enjoyed).
    finally took a punt and dipped my toes in this morning @18.5
    now to stick them in the bottom draw!
    hopefully this is just a small blip - great ultra long term hold imo

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    have been following this one for the last 12 months.
    thanks very much for all of your contributions & commentary silu (which I have always enjoyed).
    finally took a punt and dipped my toes in this morning @18.5
    now to stick them in the bottom draw!
    hopefully this is just a small blip - great ultra long term hold imo
    Thank you Filthy. Glad to hear that some people read my posts. Although my confidence got a little knocked down with the announcement 2 weeks ago I still have faith that this project will go ahead. My plan with Genex still is to hold and perhaps buy more along the way and then reap the rewards when it becomes a dividend payer in my (hopefully) early retirement.

IMO

Im in today too. Need more Green stocks and this is an opportunity for me. DYOR not a recco.

I topped up today at 18.5. Surprised to see it drop on close. I did see a 1 million share icebergs sell order at 18c so someone big wanting out.

Advanced Member

First interview with Simon since that announcement https://youtu.be/sdMRIHZ-2m4

He talks about slight tweaks to the Initial agreement with Energy Australia (I believe Genex wanted a multi-decade off-take agreement while EA only wanted 10 years). He is adamant that it will start construction last year.