sharetrader
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I have e-mailed the Executive Director Simon Kidston what he believes the keys to driving equity values are. His reply word for word is as follows:

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Thanks for your feedback. Capex is important, however the key to driving equity value is order is:
    - Revenue contracts. The Qld government awarded Genex a really good contract for the solar project. We anticipate Government or a major energy retailer will consider something similar for the hydro. If we achieve that, we anticipate share price re-rating because it will enable majority of capital costs to be debt funded

- Grant funding. ARENA focus now is storage , so we hope to secure grant for the hydro project

- Minimising equity dilution by finding the right project partner to fund capex

- Capex - always an important issue. We are comfortable with the capex but we decided to approach the market to get proper tender pricing (not just an estimate from a consultant)

Michael Addison and I are significant shareholders, so we are very focused on delivering this project in a way that makes shareholders money.
    cheers
    Simon

<end of reply>

Highlights from todays announcement:

Project finance credit approval received for up to AUD$110 million
    ARENA grant funding agreement executed
    Project construction program to commence
    On target for first generation from Kidston Solar in Q4 2017

Update Ready To Install

Thanks silu, esp for the previous post.

And with that lovely opening GNX has become my second biggest shareholding across all markets. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    And with that lovely opening GNX has become my second biggest shareholding across all markets. Long may it continue.
    Jinx - It is my second largest as well.

Just the beginning!

Trading Halt for a material capital raise. Must be for the Pumped Hydro project?

To reach financial close on Kidston Solar Project Phase One 50MW (KSP1)
    • To continue the development of the Kidston 250MW Pumped Storage Hydro Project (“KPSHP”)
    • To advance the development of the Kidston Phase Two Solar Project (“KSP2”)
    • To provide general working capital"

Gawd I'm miffed about this capital raising. Timing, pricing. How on earth did they do another one at a much bigger discount than the one just done in December? I would have expected one capital raise for each stage of their 3 projects.
    Last edited by silu; 01-02-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Don't get me wrong - over the long run I'm sure us holders will be richly rewarded - but it is a really bad look for those who bought this on IPO and/or have participated in December's raise.

Reply from Simon Kidston about my e-mail:
    I understand, the timing and pricing is regrettable. The background is we pushed very hard to finalise the key contracts and lending documents prior to Christmas , but unfortunately we were not able to finalise them until very recently. In the meantime, the bond rate / interest rates have increased sharply . By way of example, in early December, the rate to hedge our debt for 10 years was 4.1%. Today the same 10 year hedge is 4.7%. The impact is less project debt which means more equity. We aim for Financial Close (the time we draw on the debt and hedge the rates) late next week . However, on a positive note, work has commenced on site and so there is no delay to our construction timetable

regards

Simon Kidston | Executive Director

Update Ready To Install

$5 mill to Instos and $3 mill offered to shareholders @ 16c. As Dej says a 55% discount over 2 months. SPP in Dec was at 27c and s/p dropped to 22c. Still watching from the side atp but i guess the s/p may well drop close to 16c.Dilution plus.

Hi Silu and others,

I've had GNX on my watchlist for a while now and followed this thread from time to time. I'm finally having a good look at the company. I would be interested in your numbers, in particular the $100 Million debt, how do they plan to pay this off? do you know the interest charges? do you have details about the lending - I cant find much.

According to my conservative calculations revenue from solar will be between 10-12 million/year, with Op expenses of 2.3 million/year, however there will be around 3-4 million of other expenses as the continue to work on the hydro/ second solar (before CAPEX)

Thanks
    Matt

Of interest, here is where I got some numbers from http://reneweconomy.com.au/large-sca...stralia-54829/

Hi NZSilver,
    Sorry only got limited time today. Have you had a chance to read the Cannacord Research http://www.genexpower.com.au/uploads...-_nov_2016.pdf
    Lots of your questions are answered in their notes.

Thanks Silu, that was useful. Also one of my questions was where they would find water to re-fill their reservoir - I read through prospectus and it was interesting to read the dam that has a gravity feed line and the water rights. It would be interesting to have a bit more detail why they went for the 250MW capacity vs greater.