sharetrader
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Found on HC. Apparently a Labor MP has prematurely announced what I hope to be announced soon:

First NAIF project to be announced - at last!

Download PDFDownload PDF

THE HON JASON CLARE MP SHADOW MINISTER FOR TRADE AND INVESTMENT SHADOW MINISTER FOR RESOURCES AND NORTHERN AUSTRALIA MEMBER FOR BLAXLAND

CATHY O’TOOLE MEMBER FOR HERBET

FIRST NAIF PROJECT TO BE ANNOUNCED - AT LAST!

Federal Labor has called on the Federal Government to announce the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility’s rumoured decision to fund Genex - a hydro and solar power project located near Townsville.

Word on the street is that the Federal Government has finally made a decision to spend some of the $5 billion it earmarked to invest in job-generating infrastructure for Northern Australia on the Genex project.

This will be the first funding decision made by the NAIF more than two years after it was established.

If the NAIF has made a decision, the Federal Government should announce the funding immediately so it can be invested in this job-generating infrastructure.

Genex has been strongly supported by Member for Herbert Cathy O’Toole and the State Labor Government.

The Genex project will create jobs and boost energy supply to help put downward pressure on power prices for North Queensland.

Construction on the project is already underway and Labor calls on the Federal Government to release the funding immediately to support badly-needed jobs for North Queensland.

The Federal Government’s announcement will follow Labor’s commitment to raise the Burdekin Dam Wall to boost power supply and secure Townsville’s water supply.

Labor welcomes investment in infrastructure for the North.

The North has been waiting for two years for the Government to spend this money. Make the announcement and get on with helping to create jobs for North Queensland.

MONDAY, 17 JULY 2017

MEDIA CONTACTS: KORENA FLANAGAN (CLARE) 0418 251 316 JESSICA NAUNTON (OTOOLE) 0408 192 255
    Pretty weird release from Cathy O'Toole - if she'd got word they had been selected surely she wouldn't put out an announcement telling them to hurry up and announce? I don't see the point of it - no difference to her if they announce this week or next as long as it goes through? Unless she wants her name everywhere when the announcement does come out.

I hold GNX and its in my top 3 holdings, hasn't taken a step wrong since IPO, just ticking the boxes off one by one. Would look to top up but too much of my overall holding already - still have loyalty options to cash in next year.

Advanced Member

For those who like to read research reports:

Euroz Initiation with a price target of 35c http://www.genexpower.com.au/uploads...ge_24jul17.pdf

Cannacord with a price target of 57c (de-risked $1) http://canaccordgenuity.us9.list-ma....1&e=c531b2d895

Nice announcement yesterday Powerlink Qld signing a Binding Heads to build the 150mil transmission line.

Recently dipped a small toe in. Definitely paid a premium, but will look to accumulate over the next few years.

Last edited by Carpenterjoe; 19-08-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Advanced Member

About everything you want to know about Genex's Kidston projects in one handy video:
    https://youtu.be/3_ZjC2njHsU

Advanced Member

Great announcement today regarding optimized Feasibility Study for their Pumped Hydro project.
    Optimized Pumped Hydro for 8 hours continuous generation capability for over 2,0000 MWh.
    Construction time frame reduced by 6 months
    Basically gave it the all go for financial close in 2018

IMO

How about the NAIF funding GNX is waiting on and govt dropping renewable targets silu? Ive been burnt before with politics destroying share value.

Advanced Member

Yeah politics and what not. Always dangerous to take anything as granted. However despite the Turnbull's government New National Energy Guarantee I don't think this will have any impact on Genex's project. Turnbull himself is a big fan of Pumped Hydro Storage (storage being the key word here).

Here some quotes from the following article: Australia's Experts Weigh In On Turnbull's National Energy Guarantee
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/10/a...rgy-guarantee/
    "It is likely that renewables plus pumped hydro and battery technologies will be at the heart of our future electricity system. The government’s proposal, if well calibrated, could help to facilitate a transition to this system of the future."
    "As the Prime Minister points out, pumped hydro storage (including Snowy 2.0) is highly effective and cost competitive. Pumped hydro can be built fast enough to stabilise any amount of solar and wind at lower overall cost than any fossil fuel alternative."

Simon Kidston & Mark Bailey (QLD Energy Minister) were guests on ABC Radio yesterday http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/...th-qld/9064878
    Mark Bailey reiterated his goal of turning 50% of QLD's energy production to come from renewables by 2030 and Simon even went as far as saying that the new NEG helps GNX's Pumped Hydro project

Yes I am still fairly confident that NAIF funding will come through.
    Last edited by silu; 20-10-2017 at 11:04 AM. Reason: some tidy up

IMO

Thanks silu , i appreciate the details, your opinions and the links.
    6% rise in s/p today , heres the link to todays announcement if anyone is int.
    Pumped Storage Hydro Update - Feasibility Optimisation

Advanced Member

GNX now at the conservative value I've calculated for Solar Stage 1. Any price up from now would indicate future value from Hydro and Solar Stage 2. Expecting financial close early in the new year and a capital raise which I expect to be around $30mil. They are kicking their goals so to speak and I'm expecting a round of publicity when Solar Stage 1 will be connected and starts humming along.
    Last edited by silu; 10-11-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Advanced Member

Article of Interest:
    Revenue Maximisation of the Operation of a Hybrid Large-Scale Solar PV and Pumped Hydro System in Australia
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/reven...RbrhKKQw%3D%3D