sharetrader
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    IMO

Default GREEN STOCKS for a WIN/WIN

Timing is good. More countries are signing up for Kyoto. I believe in Global warming being caused by humans; its a fact to me and its too late too put ones head in the sand. i hope history proves me wrong; i would love to be wrong. But right here right now is a great time to support green stocks and profit from them too. please add your ideas as this is a thread for green/environmental stocks not a debate ,thanks. a few to start with.I have multi bagged on first 3, currently I am out.EMC is my pick of them atm.KPO(holding) up 30% quick smart.Lithium stocks too but they have their own thread.

EMC water recycling
    EDE concrete additive
    AJX tox free fireproofing for materials
    GNX solar and pumped storage hydro
    KPO uses kalina process to generate electricity from waste materials .On a tear atm
    PEH environmental monitoring
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 03-10-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Advanced Member

Great list Johuatree,
    I own shares in all of them except EDE and I'm constantly looking out for "green technology" to invest in. Not sure if you'd be interested in HZR (Hazer Group) which I also own.

NWF (New Zealand Windfarms) - they lost over the last 10 years more than 90% of their capital and never paid a dividend - what a green bargain: Now is the opportunity to buy every green dollar for less than 10 cents ...

OK - sorry for being sarcastic ... but I think the chance to lose money with any new green startup is much larger than the chance to make money ... unless the business is fully state sponsored or you are a greenie and live of a taxpayer funded MP salary.

Having said that ... NWF might start paying in 2017 a virgin dividend (the board started to make noises, but I believe it only when I see it in my bank account).

Discl: paid my tuition fee's in life's course "investing in green shares"
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."
    In the 1990s I went through a green phase.Luckily I ran out of money before such wonderful companies as Enivormental Technologies wanted more cash from me.Their code is ESI.
    They were going to save the world [still are?] with their Water,Wastewater Treatment,and Biosolids systems.Wonderful brand names;"Enersludge" Hybractor,BNR Technologies.
    As I now like to have compnies giving me money [dividends] I tend to leave the Green companies to people who like giving them money.
    Last edited by percy; 03-10-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Advanced Member

To bring out the old line - You've got to know when to hold them and when to fold them. I'm happy with the returns so far:
    AJX +300%
    EMC +232%
    GNX +53%
    HZR +72%
    HZRO +3450%
    KPO +21%

percy

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    To bring out the old line - You've got to know when to hold them and when to fold them. I'm happy with the returns so far:
    AJX +300%
    EMC +232%
    GNX +53%
    HZR +72%
    HZRO +3450%
    KPO +21%
    Well done.
    Would appear I was green two decades to early??..lol.
    May be time for me to be a "born again green."
    Last edited by percy; 03-10-2016 at 07:25 PM.

CLQ is another potential 'green stock'
    they have a wastewater treatment technology, and a mining extraction efficiency improvement technology (both are same tech, just applied differently)
    working on China contracts to clean up their water supply

Funny thing about green companies, they need copper (at least the renewable energy ones do) and lots of it. I know just the company....

JT, thanks for the tip on KPO. Exciting prospects.

Managed to pick up a parcel at 7c. Nice little run today up to 8.6c before the inevitable sell off back to 8c.

Along the lines of green stocks come the water resource stocks. There aren't many available on the NZX/ASX, but I suspect in the coming decades this may well become our most precious commodity

All looking good..