sharetrader
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Legend

The smell of further Dividend being withheld must have been what was in the Air

All in the name of further overly cautious view of Lady Covid still about to reek further far reaching havoc

This in the face of rather more encouraging news being spun out of the stable just recently

A shame such level of conservatism wasn't exercised in the 'Spin the box of tricks into the BIL Shell' to make things look rather more solid back then - retaining more value in what was being spun in with shareholder funds, rather than extracting it could have painted a far more rosy picture

Will the overly conservative approach buy further or any SP Growth or instead cause some to flee to more well dressed Companies willing to throw a few pennies in dividends into Shareholder's hands ?

At a time when other companies who withheld or cancelled dividends in the earlier round are now resuming distributions, is there really any excuse for keeping the doors to the dividend vault bolted shut this round on such flimsy judgements being vended out this time ?

It's difficult to see even a shadow of another Mainfreight morphing out of the TLL conglomerate any time soon based on recent judgements & hand outs from the TLL Boardroom table..
    Last edited by nztx; 27-08-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    It's difficult to see even a shadow of another Mainfreight morphing out of the TLL conglomerate any time soon based on recent judgements & hand outs from the TLL Boardroom table..
    We live in hope that Mainfreight might see some synergies...

Advanced Member

Well the share is back to $1 and no news...... Who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Well the share is back to $1 and no news...... Who knew.
    Well I'll be... Up from 95c at previous close on only $10k turnover...haven't looked at turnover for last week yet, but someone clearly likes it...I wonder what gives. Sold my last batch at 70c end of August...#regret.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Well I'll be... Up from 95c at previous close on only $10k turnover...haven't looked at turnover for last week yet, but someone clearly likes it...I wonder what gives. Sold my last batch at 70c end of August...#regret.
    Me too a while back .. but I saw better prospects elsewhere.

FRE is leaping ahead, so guess TLL following suit may have been logical ..

At least no Cap Raise so far with TLL
    Last edited by nztx; 23-11-2020 at 06:38 PM. Reason: add more

Advanced Member

Another 5 cents up on no news and very light turnover....... It maybe a capital raise coming up..... I just find it plain weird...

Advanced Member

Legend

and Bang - that seems to have put a damper on recent SP rise:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/364464

"Pacific Fuel Haul receives notice of industrial action

Pacific Fuel Haul (PFH), a division of TIL Logistics Group Limited, advises that it has been issued with a notice of strike action by First Union, which represents approximately 65% of PFH’s truck driving personnel. The notice proposes a complete withdrawal of labour from 1500 hours on 18 December 2020 until 2359 hours on 24 December 2020.

Pacific Fuel Haul has been in involved in collective employment bargaining with the Union since July 2020.

Despite the challenges of COVID-19 and the impact on the business, Pacific Fuel Haul has retained all its drivers over this time. Additionally, the company is offering an increased pay offer to drivers, equal to the increase in the Consumer Price Index, which it believes to be fair and reasonable, given the current environment.

CEO of Pacific Fuel Haul, Stephen Owles, said: “We are concerned that the Union has deliberately targeted a time that will cause the most disruption to our customers and the everyday New Zealanders they serve, in the week before Christmas.

“December is one of our busiest months, with high demand for fuel deliveries to service stations, farms and businesses throughout New Zealand. We are concerned at the impact strike action will have on these businesses and their customers, in what has already been a challenging year.

“Disappointingly, this strategy seems to have become the modus operandi for the Union, with industrial action also notified at this time of the year, just two years ago.

“Pacific Fuel Haul has made it clear it is open to discussions and has indeed, tabled an increased pay offer for drivers. We have been engaged in good faith discussions with the Union and remain positive of a mutually acceptable outcome.“

Pacific Fuel Haul has a history of paying some of the highest rates in the industry, as evidenced by its ability to attract and retain good staff. Following three months of training at an average cost of $28,000 per driver funded by PFH, most drivers are currently earning upwards of $100,000 per year.

Alan Pearson, CEO of TIL said that strike notice was not currently expected to have any material effect on TIL’s results.
    "

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    and Bang - that seems to have put a damper on recent SP rise:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/364464

"Pacific Fuel Haul receives notice of industrial action

Pacific Fuel Haul (PFH), a division of TIL Logistics Group Limited, advises that it has been issued with a notice of strike action by First Union, which represents approximately 65% of PFH’s truck driving personnel. The notice proposes a complete withdrawal of labour from 1500 hours on 18 December 2020 until 2359 hours on 24 December 2020.

Pacific Fuel Haul has been in involved in collective employment bargaining with the Union since July 2020.

Despite the challenges of COVID-19 and the impact on the business, Pacific Fuel Haul has retained all its drivers over this time. Additionally, the company is offering an increased pay offer to drivers, equal to the increase in the Consumer Price Index, which it believes to be fair and reasonable, given the current environment.

CEO of Pacific Fuel Haul, Stephen Owles, said: “We are concerned that the Union has deliberately targeted a time that will cause the most disruption to our customers and the everyday New Zealanders they serve, in the week before Christmas.

“December is one of our busiest months, with high demand for fuel deliveries to service stations, farms and businesses throughout New Zealand. We are concerned at the impact strike action will have on these businesses and their customers, in what has already been a challenging year.

“Disappointingly, this strategy seems to have become the modus operandi for the Union, with industrial action also notified at this time of the year, just two years ago.

“Pacific Fuel Haul has made it clear it is open to discussions and has indeed, tabled an increased pay offer for drivers. We have been engaged in good faith discussions with the Union and remain positive of a mutually acceptable outcome.“

Pacific Fuel Haul has a history of paying some of the highest rates in the industry, as evidenced by its ability to attract and retain good staff. Following three months of training at an average cost of $28,000 per driver funded by PFH, most drivers are currently earning upwards of $100,000 per year.

Alan Pearson, CEO of TIL said that strike notice was not currently expected to have any material effect on TIL’s results.
    "
    I just found out that I have family working at TLL. I am surprised that people find $100,000 deemed as not enough.

I must admit I do not know industry standard pay, but find it interesting that during COVID times and when the company did everything possible to retain staff, that unions want strike action to happen?????

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I just found out that I have family working at TLL. I am surprised that people find $100,000 deemed as not enough.

I must admit I do not know industry standard pay, but find it interesting that during COVID times and when the company did everything possible to retain staff, that unions want strike action to happen?????
    Wow, I'm surprised these are 100k+ jobs. Crikey I might have to go ask for a payrise. My company would be screwed if I went on strike right now...great plan. This kind of union behaviour reminds me of the good old days with ferry strikes just in time for the holiday season.