sharetrader
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Flat View Post
    "In addition, a new position of Company Secretary & General Counsel has been created, which will be filled by Charles Bolt (most recently Company Secretary & General Counsel of Fletcher Building) from the end of January 2020. Charles’ appointment is expected to result in further improvements in TIL’s management of its customer contracts and commercial matters."

Odd that'd you get a guy from FBU, who have been appalling in their "management of ... customer contracts and commercial matters." Another big salary on the books.
    Dogs attract fleas.

Backdoor ones attract mongrels with herpes?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    One of the founding directors could not get out of there fast enough - selling his shareholding down to zero as quickly as he could. What does that tell you?

Old saying comes to mind 'You sleep with a badly kept dog, you get fleas'.

In this case, you sleep with a backdoor produced dog, you may get herpes too instead of just fleas!
    Thank you for that lovely analogy... Before that Bethunes longsuffering shareholders got screwed in the backdoor listing process too.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Flat View Post
    I'd believe the numbers, unless your friend can provide a compelling counterstory has to exactly how it's "hugely undervalued."
    My problem is my friend is hugely successful with his investments. He is one of the top 50 shareholders in HGH

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    My problem is my friend is hugely successful with his investments. He is one of the top 50 shareholders in HGH
    If he has a perfect investment track record, by all means sleep with this dog. Could be that this dog needs a wash and rinse.

If he has a perfect investment track record, by all means sleep with this dog. Could be that this dog needs a wash and rinse.
    Never met anyone with a perfect record. As with the horses; you tend to hear a lot about people's winners and not such about the flops.

Advanced Member

Definitely not perfect, but he is definitely on the ball. Told me to bail Wynyard at any cost...... I did not listen.

He has managed to turn a few hundred thousand into millions over the last 5 years. He invested mostly in boring stocks. He has only started releasing the purse strings and has an income exceeding $500 per day. He is huge in Ryman as well.

Advanced Member

So so far the dog is correct am looking at dipping my toes at these values, but please please someone explain why I should not. A family member I just met actually works for them and explained they are really busy and doing well and expanding. He is not a money person, but I feel that is great to hear. But I do feel a capital raise happening in near future as with many other investments
    Last edited by Ggcc; 03-04-2020 at 02:33 PM.

So so far the dog is correct am looking at dipping my toes at these values, but please please someone explain why I should not. A family member I just met actually works for them and explained they are really busy and doing well and expanding. He is not a money person, but I feel that is great to hear. But I do feel a capital raise happening in near future as with many other investments
    I've been eyeing this one up too, but the way it keeps tumbling just looks very ominous. And there looks to be very little in the way of support. I wonder how their conversation with ASB is going...? Mainfrieght or someone might start to take a look...

Legend

If they are doing well as you suggest, why would they need to capital raise ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    If they are doing well as you suggest, why would they need to capital raise ?
    Just in regards that companies are all on their back foot in regards to needing capital. This virus is an unknown for all companies. I met this family member two weeks before all this took place and I should have mentioned that.