sharetrader
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

I'm going for 5 outsiders at good odds (under the radar, low valuations, plenty of upside) with thoroughbred qualities (competitive advantage), staying power (balance sheets, CF) and astute motivated jockeys (track record, large holdings).
    AIK; EMC; HIT; ITD; TPP
    Not my largest holdings but do hold Putting in $10. Thanks!
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 29-12-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hopefully JB will send you them for running the competition.
    You certainly deserve them.
    yes we'll sort out something for our great comp team ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

A rule will need to be instigated on what happens to shares if they are in suspension at year end.

do they get last traded value [even if that was months ago despite the fact that at year end they could not be traded and converted to cash : that is not negotiable]
    do they get zero rated as in a loss of money as they are not negotiable, able to be traded.

this is my spanner into the works. this is going to be important for the 2016 competition. i assume the official ASX site listings rules at end of day. ie did ASX site list a suspension, consolidation, traded price and the like.

Over to jennym
    Last edited by wizAlvin; 30-12-2016 at 12:44 PM. Reason: last comments re ASX
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien

Quote Originally Posted by wizAlvin View Post
    A rule will need to be instigated on what happens to shares if they are in suspension at year end.

do they get last traded value [even if that was months ago despite the fact that at year end they could not be traded and converted to cash : that is not negotiable]
    do they get zero rated as in a loss of money as they are not negotiable, able to be traded.

this is my spanner into the works. this is going to be important for the 2016 competition. i assume the official ASX site listings rules at end of day. ie did ASX site list a suspension, consolidation, traded price and the like.

Over to jennym
    The companies that go into suspension then voluntary administration usually don't do so at or near 52 week highs so the affect on the competition should be minimal as they'll already be down (ACO.asx the notable exception... ouch). The others that come back could go either way (ie good RTO acquisition vs Bellamys trading update) so the last traded share price seems the easiest and fairest option.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by duncan22 View Post
    The companies that go into suspension then voluntary administration usually don't do so at or near 52 week highs so the affect on the competition should be minimal as they'll already be down (ACO.asx the notable exception... ouch). The others that come back could go either way (ie good RTO acquisition vs Bellamys trading update) so the last traded share price seems the easiest and fairest option.
    unfortunately i suggest you view the 2016 competition where Jay may be the winner if one of his shares does trade today at the $1.95 suggested by yahoo finance
    Anyone but o'brien

i think, usually when a company goes into suspension because it goes out of business, you know about it because the administrators or receivers are called in at the time of going into suspension. someone please correct me if i am wrong here.
    we seem to be in the age of shells, suspensions, acquisitions etc etc. most of these have reasons other than going out of business for the suspension.

the fairest thing is to take the last traded price as duncan22 says.
    sometimes administrators can be called in and the company gets through it, sometimes not. if receivers are called in, the company is finished. correct me if i am wrong here too.
    i would take the last traded price for administrators and have zero oe -100 for receivers.
    this time around, it is for some other reason and the company carries on. all we can do is take the last traded price. there has been no trading of consolidated shares at all so we can ignore this.
    this should be on 2016.
    Last edited by jennym; 30-12-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Cheers for running the comp wizAlvin/ jennym.

My picks for 2017 are

MBE
    TAP
    DGR
    EMC
    FAR

Will send $25 through to you JB when back from vacation.....thanks!!

i wouldnt trust yahoo finance data as far as i could kick its arse

Once again I will pick similar stocks. Hopefully this year will be better.

BRU - Buru Energy / OIL & GAS

FAR - FAR Ltd / OIL & GAS

SRI - Sipa Resources / Nickel, Copper & Gold Explorer

ALK - Alkane Resources Multi Metals & Gold

HAV - Havilah Resources / Copper, Cobalt,Tin,FE & Gold

Good luck to everybody on the real market & Happy New Year to all.
    Last edited by hal; 31-12-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Guru

happy new year
    Anyone but o'brien