sharetrader
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

picks for 2017

CYP - stem cells
    BUD - internet of things
    AJX - nanotextiles
    BRN - artificial intelligence
    TLG - graphite/graphene
    Last edited by showstring; 15-12-2016 at 10:06 AM.

LHC, HIT, ITD, PGC, PGR

Cheers
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

percy

My picks are;
    ITD,KKT,LOV,PGC,SXY.

Some changes after reading through the suggestions for 2017.

Donating $5 each is a good idea. Donations are not compulsory.
    I could set up a bank acct unless someone has an un used one sitting around already. JBmurc, would you be happy
    to use your spare account? I do not think $5 is too much.
    Having vouchers as the prize is in my mind the best. You get a prize and it is easily posted. The winner should choose the type of voucher, it is easy to
    do. The holder and controller of the bank acct would buy and post them. The holder of the bank acct should be allowed to take out their expenses.
    These should be tiny though.
    The top donator wins the prize. This is to encourage more donations. Normally the donations would be in by jan 15. This year, I am a wee bit late so donations in by end of jan. EG, if 1/2 way through the year, you see yourself coming last then you would be less likely to donate.

i am not a fan of running a shorting competition or having quarterly prizes. it complicates thing too much.

i like the extra spice of the 7th place getter getting a special prize.

duncan22s idea of using the higher of jan1 and the day after your entries will be in the rules. this is fair.

new rule 10. At any time a ticker may be converted to cash but must be bought back into before the end of the year - same ticker.
    if in cash when suspended or taken over or otherwise unavailable by year end : cash. may not be swapped for another ticker
    old rules:
    1 - no stocks under 1c will be accepted.
    2 - Dividends will be added to return.
    3 - 5 stock picks only.
    4 - no options etc.
    5 - each stock pick will have a weighting of $10,000 (20% of portfolio)... ($50,000 in total for portfolio)...
    so performance can be posted in percentage returns, and/or $ returns.
    6 - entries close at midnight sunday 15th January 2017…
    7 - entry price is the first-traded price from the day following you posting your selections for late comers or the first traded price on the first trading day of the year.
    8 - if one of your picks hasn’t listed or is in suspension at the start of year we will just take the first traded price on the day that it lists or comes out of suspension.
    9 - takeovers will result in a new pick to the contestant, at the adjusted rate.

new rules: see rule 7 and rule 10.
    1 - no stocks under 1c will be accepted.
    2 - Dividends will be added to return.
    3 - 5 stock picks only.
    4 - no options etc.
    5 - each stock pick will have a weighting of $10,000 (20% of portfolio)... ($50,000 in total for portfolio)...
    so performance can be posted in percentage returns, and/or $ returns.
    6 - entries close at midnight sunday 15th January 2017…
    7 - entry price is the higher of the first-traded price from the day following you posting your selections and the first traded price
    on the first trading day of the year. This discourages late comers from optimising their entry price during the 2 week grace period.
    8 - if one of your picks hasn’t listed or is in suspension at the start of year we will just take the first traded price on the day that it lists or comes out of suspension.
    9 - takeovers will result in a new pick to the contestant, at the adjusted rate.
    10. at any time a ticker may be converted to cash but must be bought back into before the end of the year - same ticker.
    if in cash when suspended or taken over or otherwise unavailable by year end : cash. may not be swapped for another ticker

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PICKS ARE ABOVE 1C.
    NO OPPIES ETC.
    Last edited by jennym; 18-12-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Guru

Question: do many competition entrants reside outside new zealand?

i note bung5 in South America
    Last edited by wizAlvin; 18-12-2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: bung5
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien

Yes that's fine by me jenny ...got a ASB savings call account with nil costs I don't use - 12-3405-0035299-50 think it will even return 2.75% interest
    will be putting in $30 in myself early next year to go to the winner of the 2017 comp .... and will be sending out a new world voucher to the 2016 winner (or not if I win ..... be great if we could get everyone into the spirit of the comp with a small donation ...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 18-12-2016 at 06:33 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes that's fine by me jenny ...got a ASB savings call account with nil costs I don't use - 12-3405-0035299-50 think it will even return 2.75% interest
    will be putting in $30 in myself early next year to go to the winner of the 2017 comp .... and will be sending out a new world voucher to the 2016 winner (or not if I win ..... be great if we could get everyone into the spirit of the comp with a small donation ...
    Just tried to pay in $30,but can't do it without the account's name.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just tried to pay in $30,but can't do it without the account's name.
    try "JBmurc"

also if you guys can put your ST name as ref etc be good to post out a thanks to all involved at the end of the comp ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    try "JBmurc"

also if you guys can put your ST name as ref etc be good to post out a thanks to all involved at the end of the comp ...
    "It really works"..!!!!
    $30
    Last edited by percy; 19-12-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Guru

POTENTIAL error : Bung5 ANW less than 1 cent currently
    Last edited by wizAlvin; 19-12-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: potential added
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien