sharetrader
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Observer AUNZ View Post
    Give them a call. 04 473 3663. They should respond to reasonable requests for information in a timely manner.
    Its ok, can't be that bothered tbh. And its not very critical in the scheme of things, happy to hold onto my modest position for now...

Indicative Record date is 3rd July.

Share registry data suggests that IFT increased its shareholding in TLT by 1.9m shares during the market meltdown in March. Assume under the takeovers code creep provisions they can increase their shareholding by up to 5% in any 12 month period. March purchases increased IFT shareholding from 65.24% to 65.64%. Will MCY and IFT have another attempt to privatise TLT once the capital return has been paid out?

TLT annual result to be released tomorrow, Monday 25 May. Will be interested to get some concrete financial data on the impact of the sale of Snowtown 2. TLT have been economical with disclosure on impacts (other than high level surplus cash details in respect of capital return) to date. Further, I assume significant development gains will arise in completion of Dundonnell and Waipipi projects. The Morrison & Co management contract with IFT will encourage TLT to unlock this value uplift given the ongoing return through operating the wind farms will likely be below the bonus management fee hurdle rate.
    Last edited by Southern Lad; 24-05-2020 at 02:31 PM.

For those planning to reinvest the proceeds from the buyback back into TLT shares, any thoughts on the best time to do it? Before or after the buyback, or half each way to play it safe?

Given the buy back price is $2.91 compared with a current trading range of $3.10 to $3.20, the theoretical ex price for the same price range is $3.1475 to $3.2725.

Given the free float is relatively small, my sense it that buying before the cash is paid out it preferable because demand will presumably increase as holders who want to reinvest do so. One downside is paying brokerage on a bit less than one fifth of the purchase price that will reappear in your bank account shortly thereafter.

One of there turbines and trucks has rolled en route near okato
    Last edited by NZSilver; 02-06-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Advanced Member

OK...they have exercised the share cancellation (1:5) and cash return (2.91 / share ). Although we don't have the cash in our account as yet. This always does my head in whether I'm ahead or behind after the event.
    By my calculations...assuming the Share Price was 3.55 before the deal...then we need to get to 3.71 post to be even. I guess this ignores any tax advantage of returning capital to us in this way ?
    Is this why there is a differential today....market price $3.50 cf theoretical excluding tax of 3.71.
    Or have I simply lost a few dollars ?

The final closing price pre-buyback was $3.42, which equates to $3.5475 post-buyback.
    Last edited by turnip; 07-07-2020 at 02:15 PM. Reason: final closing price

Should be a wash either way - you're just transferring money from one pocket to another. Not worth getting too bogged down in it. Either the you getting paid out wins, or the you that owns the company paying out wins, but they balance each other out.