sharetrader
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

I wonder if Infratil still want 100% of tilt. They have a large reserve of cash...

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I wonder if Infratil still want 100% of tilt. They have a large reserve of cash...
    Why would MCY want to sell their 19.99% shareholding to IFT?

Assume more likely that MCY and IFT would re-establish their JV to bid for the 14.4% owned by other shareholders. If the combined shareholding increased from 85.6% to 90% I assume they could then use the compulsory acquisition provisions to force the other shareholders to sell.

Imagine life for IFT and MCY far simpler without TLT being listed, not to mention a bit of cost savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Why would MCY want to sell their 19.99% shareholding to IFT?

Assume more likely that MCY and IFT would re-establish their JV to bid for the 14.4% owned by other shareholders. If the combined shareholding increased from 85.6% to 90% I assume they could then use the compulsory acquisition provisions to force the other shareholders to sell.

Imagine life for IFT and MCY far simpler without TLT being listed, not to mention a bit of cost savings.
    Yes, that would make sense and maybe they will have another go at buying us out. For now I am a happy holder

Advanced Member

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/364532

"Infratil advises that it intends to undertake a strategic review of its shareholding in Tilt Renewables Limited (Tilt).

Tilt is a leading renewables platform in Australia and New Zealand, with a portfolio of high quality operating assets, a significant development pipeline and a professional team with proven ability to deliver. Tilt is listed on both the NZX and ASX and Infratil currently owns 65.5% of the outstanding shares.

Infratil has recently received a number of enquiries in relation to its Tilt shareholding. Given strong demand for high quality renewables platforms globally, Infratil considers it is prudent to assess alternatives for its Tilt shareholding, including divestment of its position. Any decision to pursue a particular proposal would need to demonstrate a material increase in expected returns and shareholder value relative to the current positive outlook. The strategic review is scheduled to be concluded within six months......etc"

What was the price they tried to get us to sell for ? Can't recall exactly...$2.20 ?
    Price now 3.92. PE (Direct Broking) 3.18 (can that be right ? )
    Wonder what happens today ?

tilt been a pretty stellar investment
    one step ahead of the herd

Sounds like IFT is the jilted lover. TLT just wanted to be FWB, but IFT wanted to add TLT to it's harem, TLT played hard to get so IFT got the pip and is moving on. You weren't that good IFT.

I’m just happy that I held on. Great investment and a 16% increase today makes me even happier

I’m very grateful to Fiona Oliver and the other independent directors that fought hard on our behalf

Damn, I hadn't finished buying, have been accumulating since $3.00. Such a long runway to grow. It will be a loss if Tilt gets taken over and delisted. The best outcome will be if it remains listed, and better still if it is taken by a NZ company such as Mercury, who already hold a 20% stake..

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I’m very grateful to Fiona Oliver and the other independent directors that fought hard on our behalf
    Yes I agree with that! Good work by the independent directors.